Need good 70s-90s rock music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Reppin 713, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys I'm in need of a music change, I mostly listen to rap but I just can't seem to find many good songs that I actually like that aren't mainstream crap. So web I'm in te car I usually listen to older rock like 70s-90s so I need some people to guide me and tell me some good artists and songs so u can start making a new iPod. Thanks in advance

2. #2 dragon999, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    Sheeeeeeitttt son, well you asked the right people for sure. An 80's-90's child right here, and a rock fan. Hm let's see off the top of my head:

Korn (earlier stuff is all I know)
    Pearl Jam (favorite album was "one")
    Bush (the song "machine head", was really good)
    Incubus
    Sound Garden
    Stone Temple Pilots ("interstate love song" was/is my favorite song of theirs)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (I never liked em much)
    Nirvana
    Disturbed
    Papa Roach (I love lots of their songs, but "Between Angels and Insects" is one of my all time favorite songs)
    Offspring
    Green Day

I'm sure someone will come in here with an end-all copy/pasted list. But at least I'll give you an honest answer from a music fan. These bands are tried and tested. Plus I'm not sure if it's your type of "rock" as there are so many kinds and I listed some alternative stuff.

Edit: yes, I know I didn't mention Metallica. I was never really into them

3. Primus
    Grateful Dead
    Phish
    The Allman Brothers Band
    Led Zeppelin
    Steely Dan
    Boston
    Radiohead
    Chicago
    Black Sabbath
    The White Stripes
    The Flaming Lips
    Tool
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Jefferson Airplane
    The Police
    The Doors
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Rush
    Pink Floyd
    Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
    Modest Mouse
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Dinosaur Jr.

That should be enough, for now. I'll come back with more later.

4. Definitely check out Rush. A lot of their great material was ignored by pop culture.

5. Ehh. Almost every band I was going to mention has already been mentioned.

Melvins.
    Everclear.
    Sonic youth.

6. this is a new band but sounds like classic rock, try "The Sheepdogs" especially the song "I dont know" brilliant music!