Need Girl Input: Older/Younger Sister Complications

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by BuffaloSoljah, Dec 28, 2010.

1. So i met this girl through work and we became friends at first and eventually let it grow to us hooking up once or twice. She's very pretty and we've fortunately been able to somewhat hold onto our friendship for the last 3 years. Long story short her younger sister (2 years younger) starts at the same job.

Even longer story short, the younger sister just now left my bedroom at 4:30am...This little dynamic duo has been going on for about a month now, with the older sister having complete knowledge of it. Now the younger sister seems to be getting upset and is telling me she's tried to live up to her older sister her entire life and people have always compared the to. It's gotten to the point where it's started to interfere with our relationship.

No i did not/do not date either of these girls but i wanted some input on what she (the younger sister) is feeling from this. It's obviously something between the two that she wont tell me. Is this just jealousy or what i'm at a loss?

Thanks guys and girls.

2. younger siblings always feel inadequate in comparison.

i'm assuming by this post you're either an only child or the oldest. my entire life i've been compared to my siblings. even if in actuality i wasn't, its always felt like i was. even if you aren't, its obvious she feels you are. there is nothing you can really do or say about that, she feels what she feels and you're probably not going to be able to sway her mindset.

my advice, pick one and stick with it. the older sister seems okay(?) with you having some sort of relationship with the younger, the younger doesn't seem okay with you having a relationship with the older. imho, its unfair to both to try and juggle them. even if you aren't/have no intention of dating either of them, you're trying to juggle the two and sibling rivalry comes into play hardcore here.

just my two cents, take it for what you will.

3. #3 million, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
    I can definatly relate with her and pawlywog, I have two older sisters. She probably feels you cannot help but compare her to her sister, and being the youngest she has probably always gotten second place. Whether you're comparing or not, that's what she thinks and that will not stop bothering her, I can tell you that. And if you ever, consciously or not, make a remark that seems 'deplaced' to her or something, it could seriously fuck up their relationship. But I'm no expert.

On another note, I would never in a million years even fathom hooking up with someone my sister has already hooked up with and vice versa. I just could not! If you put your penis in a family member, you're family to me and therefore automatically crossed off my 'fuckable list'.
    :laughing:

4. My sister is older then me, and i can honestly say, I do not feel inadequate in comparison to her. It might be the case for sister's relationships, but I honestly dont feel jealous about or, inadequate in comparison, to any of my siblings. ( I have a sister, a step sister, and two step brothers)

As for the situation OP, ive never been in the situation before, but fromt he looks of your post, you dont have any trouble getting laid, and I believe you stated you werent in a relationship with either of the girls. So I say, fuck them, there plenty of other girls out there.

5. Sooo true. The younger sister is probably jealous and thinks your still into the other one?

6. Pawlywog pretty much hit the nail on the head with that
    post. It really isn't fair to them for you to be messing with
    both, even if the older sister is okay with it. There will always
    be competitiveness and feelings of inadequacy between
    the two.

Also the younger sister is younger by a couple years I believe
    you said. She's still young and coming into her own person with
    all these emotions and experiences that are probably going to
    weigh heavy soon enough, the mind fuck that she would have to
    go through with thinking you've been with her sister, you might
    be fucking her too, is she better than me, will I always be second
    to her? It's gotta be damn hard to always be in the shadow of
    someone in life and she works with you guys!? God damn it's
    "oh yeah she's so and so's sister" forever.....

Causing that much conflict between sisters just sounds like
    a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

...she's a delicate little flower...
    [​IMG]

You see where I'm getting at, she doesn't need all the
    extra shit going on in her brain.

Just pick one and stick with it or drop them altogether.

7. Thanks guys, all helpful input. Think i'm just going to drop them both and move on it's just become way to big of a headache and honestly just isn't worth it anymore. Thanks Blades.

8. Good choice.