Need Germinating Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bolt49, Jun 18, 2013.

1. okay so 3 days ago I started germinating my first ever seeds, in a paper towel method keeping it wet and out of light, and 3 days went by and nothing happened. I did a little more research and I found out that putting them in a cup of water has a higher success rate, so should I keep them in the paper towel or keep them in the cup of water? no seeds have popped or cracked after 3 days in a paper towel.

2. I like the cup of water method more. If they have not cracked open at all then you could put them into water of you like.

Either way is fine though, I just don't like the idea of a tap root on paper towel. 

3. I've had the best luck with the glass of water for 24 hrs.
    I drive myself crazy worrying about that poor little tap root.

4. I use both methods as I drop the seeds to a glass, filled with water at 75f/25c and a teaspoon of bleach just to kill any fungi, then after 8 hours, overnite then to a damp paper towel maintain 75f/25c, for 24 hours, once tails are 1/4 - 1/2 inch long transplant to 4 inch pot with seedling mix.

Thunder_Fuck is correct in not wanting the tails to dry out (aero prune) any damage can and will delay plant growth

5. I always put my seeds straight in soil, keep them damp but not soaked, and within a week their heads are up