need feedback on my new gals (new pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bantos44, May 14, 2010.

1. #1 bantos44, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    all looks good, just wanted to get some feedback from the regulars.

2weeks old
    no nutes, just purified water.

what do you think?
    when should I start nutes?
    about 3-5inches from t5

Do i need to make any changes?
    any other advice you guys can give me?

Attached Files:

2. what soil are they in?

3. sunshine mix #4

4. They're lookin pretty good. I can't tell if you watered just before those pictures or not; Might be a wee bit over watered which would cause a little drooping.

You'll want to wait on this for more input, but I'm pretty sure you can drop the light down further, so it hands 1-3" from the tops. With t5's you can get nice and close without problems as long as your temps are good and the plants are not complaining. When I am judging the light distance I like to only change alittle at a time, so if I went too close, I didn't go WAY too close and fry everything (HPS lamp).

I'm really gentile when it comes to nutes, and I don't start them nearly as early as everyone else. 1/4 strength is good to start out with, though I might hold off for a little while on the nutes till the plant is more stable.

Biggest bit of advice: get yourself supplies to test and adjust the ph of your water. Or, since you are not on nutes yet, you can take a sample to a local hydro shop and see if they would test out the water for you, just so you can get a good baseline. but really..I got a ph kit for 10 bucks, it's no biggie.

I hope that helps a bit. Keep up the good work! :D
    LD

5. gave them some water yesterday and today they look like this. Should I b worried? what do i need to do?

Attached Files:

• _02.jpg
      _02.jpg
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
    • _03.jpg
      _03.jpg
      File size:
      59 KB
      Views:
  6. I love to see so many other users using Reflectix as their reflective material... Rock on..

7. i would stop watering. they look overwatered.

8. Thanks.

Been 3weeks when should I
    Feed?
    Move to bigger pot?

9. wait until they dry out to start feeding them. start at 1/4 strength and work up to full strength.

1 gallon of soil for each month the plant is alive. so you have 1 week to get it in at least a 2 gallon container.