need experienced advice for first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by inyourcage, May 31, 2011.

1. hey all, so i am beginning with 17 seeds (10x 8Ball Kush, 5x King Kush, 1x White Widow, 1x Cheese) and 2x 600w hps/mh lights. i'm definitely doing it in soil, but i'm not sure which kind to get, i heard fox farm and miracle grow both work good, can anyone confirm this?

i'm also curious how much yield to expect. i guesstimated 1oz per plant, more/less??

2. Im a big fan of Root Organics. with that amount of light depending how long you veg you will get at least that meeting all the plants needs of course.good luck1

3. May I ask why your so sold on soil??
    Ever thought about coco?? I've had and seen amazing results in coco, sterile medium holds more water and to be honest I think I have a noticed bigger and healthier plants

4. never heard of the coco method. it's something to consider in future grows though. i'm gonna have to do some research on it. Thx

5. hi!!! coco is a good stuf.! but you have to wash it a lot cause
    you have lots of salt in it.

for me in door i go hydro whith hydroton.

keep it growing

6. #6 Shamting, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Coco lots of salt?? Never heard or seen that the only way it can be high in salt is if you over nute her which I don't do I always flush before flower and hardly ever have any problems

7. i try it !! and at the store the guy said to me to wash it because it is hight

in salt!!!! some of my frends try it and they dont have good result.it keeps to much water and they have problems whith fungus!!!!!!

keep it growing

8. whith hydroton you dont have those problem and you can use it again and again....

keep it growing

9. Big shame my friend when ive finished my SLH and Cheese grow il post you up some pics see what you think buddy

10. can anyone recommend the best way to correctly light seedlings/sprouts with 2 600w hps/mh lights only? also how far away should the light be from them?

11. dude..lol your better off getting a few cfls bro. or shade them and keep the light like 5 feet lol.

12. i use cfls and keep them about 2" above my now sprouting plants. with any HID i hear that you can drop it low to get close so the plants don't stretch for light to hard, but HID's can easily burn plants if too close, unlike cfl's which do damn near nothing when 2" away.