Need easy Co2? Check here....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hyphymane, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I found this pad that when u spray it, it releases Co2...ive never seen it and dunno if any of you have seen this before but if your lookin for a easy way to give ur babys Co2, this would be it....hope it helps some of you for ur grow!

CLICK HERE
    Home Page

2. btw just bought some at my local hyrdo store and these are great...easy to use to

3. Just another total ripoff CO2 scam.

4. you can make co2 at home for free. hasn't been tested by myself, but close friends seem to think it works How to Make Carbon Dioxide

5. for all who don't know, just like luman, you CAN'T get enough co2:D

6. Co2 is an advanced method. If you are thinking about undertaking something like that, why would you half-ass it or use something other than a generator or tanks with a regulator? Seems to me that's not really something you can take the cheap and easy route to.

7. I have seen this product work. The company was at the THC expo in LA I bought them there and now I buy them at a hydro store in OC .I have friends trying them now also.
    Seems to work well in small rooms. I cant carry heavy bottles so this was a great option for me.
    Bud

8. Few things are more of a waste of hard earned cash then this product. It is made more for the grower's peace of mind then for plant health. Try to not be one of the folks taken by this do nothing product.

I could go into details about CO2 enrichment, but if your buying into this nonsense you are not ready to hear it.

Your not alone, I wasted a shit load of cash on total junk myself (I'm a slow learner). At least this one won't set your back that much.

9. Have you tried it.?..I saw a tremendous differance from before not using these pads and after...how do you account for that? Could it be possible that there is something new that you havnt tried that works?

The guy at the store said this will be in Ed Rosenthals new book in November
    I will wait to hear from Ed on this as he probably has tested this already.
    all I know is it worked for me it was very easy to use
    They are teachign classes at this store using this green pad as well.

Sorry mr. foreskin you might not be the ultimate athourity ( Old dogs.... new tricks)

10. Have the guy in the store show you his plants (bet he won't or has none). I will be glad to show you my results using measured CO2 enrichment. Most hydro store guys know very little about growing marijuana and will sell you anything (look at LED sells). They are giving classes to suckers, that help sell total crap to folks with good intentions but zero knowledge. Don't be a sucker to such tactics.

In order to benefit from CO2 enrichment you must have two basic things:
    1. 1600 Parts Per Million of CO2. (between 1400 min and 2000 max)
    2. Be able to maintain that concentration the whole time the lights are on.

The problem with CO2 pills, Boost buckets, home brew (sugar and yeast), and now home brew in a pad is they can't maintain enough CO2 to maintain usable enrichment levels. They do infact make CO2, but the release is very slow and is unable to compensate for any ventilation needs (cool your grow).

How do I know? They told me!

They tell you in to close the room if you want to maintain 1000 PPM. They mean it better stay closed or it will be gone. And this includes any type of ventilation you plan on running. They get that number from putting a Green-pad in a closed fish tank and measuring the CO2 concentration for a week. You can get the same results from a milk jug of water sugar and yeast.
    All is fine until your thermostat says its time to ventilate. That green-pad will take a full day to get that substandard number back (as long as you don't ventilate again).

Do I know what I'm talking about? Well I have tested most of the natural ways of producing CO2 (nothing new in them Green pads). I have two calibrated CO2 monitors inside my grow room that give real results (not made up ones). With two gallons of that brew I could only maintain an average 100ppm over normal. The life span of the microbes was only a few days. The PPMs would have been much higher if I did not every ventilate.

I wont go into having them wet diapers hanging in and around your bud.

How can tanks/generators be any better? They can fill your room with CO2 in a few seconds and maintain it there on demand.

How come you see results with them wet pads? Your skill and love for growing weed is increasing every day you spend in your garden. I feel you will have nothing short of amazing results if you are willing to go to such lengths to make your girls happy.

You might want to listen to an old dog now and then,

11. I have thier brochure from the show the test they show is in a 10'x10'x'10 room to get to 1000ppm this is not the homebrew yeast sugar.. but some carbon acid reaction to humidity This just came out in June.
    Where do you see the fishtank test>? sounds like YOU are making things up.
    Since my experiance and that of Hyphymane, above, contradicts yours
    we must be wrong...
    And now I am a better grower that is why it working...Son I am 54 years old I have smoking paraphenalia older than you I am sure...I know the differance in my grows.
    I can see it. so can my collective members.
    I am happy at 1000 ppm for 5.00 a week so what is wrong with that?
    My room is too small to rig with expensive and heavy equiptment that I cant carry.
    So it workd for me and others.
    Sorry it didnt work for you.....Oh yeah you hanvt tried it only bashed it.
    I will wait for Ed 's book

12. If I was your son, you would have fathered me at ten years of age. Shame on your parents for letting you smoke so young :D.

I have no doubt you are going to do just fine with them Green Pads my brotha.
    Best of luck to you.
    R.

13. Sorry to hijack the thread but I just wanted to say I have no idea about Co2 or anything, I am just a total noob grower myself. However It is totally refreshing to see some one with such tact as your self Rumple! I am truly impressed with how you handle your self and you must have some great karma! It is so nice to see people on GC that have real class. +rep to you my friend! I would love to have the self control you display kudos. :hello:

~Samatha:wave:

14. Thank you for your good wishes with the pad...
    It seems I have come off as less than the classy old man I am
    I apolgize mr foreskin to assume that you were a much younger man. You seem like a very smart guy and respected authority, Kudo's to you

Lately after visiting over 25 collectives throughout cali. including Humboldt, San Fransisco Oakland LA OC and Home town San Diego....everybody seems to be much younger than me and assumes that they invented the herb...it makes an old man cynical..It is true that I have Ed's books, C & C pipes etc from the 70's... I also attended the LA THC Expo in June and 2 weeks ago the indoor grow expo in Frisco... these are by far the largest trade shows in this industry ..I spoke to the co2 boost reps there and what they have is to big for my room, the green pad was a better fit I also spoke with all the other suppliers for more infomation to make an informed decisions... lights, nutrients amazing new things for this industry.... I know you are the guru here and believe me I respect and admire your writing ..but I am not coming from an uneducated position

I am sorry if you take exception to my results with the green pad... I am the same grower I have been for 40 years my thumb didnt get greener...... I have done more research on these pads and have spoken to other people usiing it.It is unlike anything else out there I talked to the lady owner at the show and it just came out that month.
    This really is for the smaller grower.
    I just want to give her a fair shake without pre concieved ideas from respected bloggers like yourself
    It seems that the testimonials on thier web site are very compelling and like I have said it is still working for me.
    BTW the next THC Expo is April 23,24,25 2010 Everybody should be there www.thcexpo.com
    :)
    Bud Fullerton

15. #15 0zzy, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    BLLLAAAHHHAAHAHA, a sucker born every day. Tell me you did not spend money on that crapola? You want some C02 pucks and some sparkling water to go with that pad?I did not think anyone would buy into that snake oil. Guess I was wrong:hello:. It's cool, I made tons of rookie mistakes. Take it on the chin and move on.

I am looking for a good seed bank that ships to the US. Page me if you got a good source.

16. Ozzy, there's a seedbank sub section, check there. Kinda odd you're asking here imo.

As for Co2, can't beat a generator, nice job rumple.

17. I thought this was worth reviewing...came across this on the Green Pad website
    it is working for me still.. I have heard nothig but good things about these greenpads I now feel vindicated
    Bud
    "The Green Pad is a great POS item. Easy addition to any garden but exceptional for the small hobbyist. A great way to introduce customers to the benefits of using C02 while keeping their initial cost down. Most consumers who buy a set have come back either to re up their supply of Green Pads or buy a more expensive C02 generation system. The expert and the novice can easily find a use for this item, the expert can use them to supplement their existing C02 system or in their veg/clone areas, the novice can use them to realize the effects of c02 on their garden. Easy and safe to use one of the best new products of 2010.
    My staff and I meet this product with skepticism (like we do for most product claims) so we did a test in a 2'x4' Sun Hut we have on display. Inside we placed a Sentinel PPM-1 Controller with Fuzzy Logic, we had a sample Green Pad in the tent for approximately 4 days without monitoring, we did notice a dramatic increase in growth of our Poblano peppers but we still needed to know exactly what level these pads would maintain. On the 6th day we added a 2nd Green Pad, zipped close the Sun Hut, and monitored the Sentinel. PPM levels slowly increased maintaining approx 1200-1300 ppm level for over 8 hours! The next day we arrived to our surprise the level had only dipped down to approx 800 PPM, however when we re-applied moisture to the pad the level shot back up to 1200 ppm and maintained until we left the shop that evening. All of us down at Long Beach Hydroponics & Organics were amazed such a simple product could yield such a big impact. So much easier to use then alternative buckets or homemade yeast and sugar kits. "

Thanks GREEN PAD, great product!

Tyler R. / Co-Founder
    Long Beach Hydroponics & Organics
    1772 Clark Ave.
    Long Beach, CA 90815
    Long Beach Hydroponics & Organics â€â€œ Hydroponic Gardening Supplies

18. I have not seen this product so I will not comment on it. I do know that when Rump talks I listen. Everytime I apply his science or the science he has picked up along the way I get great results. When I take a short cut it just doesnt work out right. Everyone, including hobbyist want to grow big dank quality bud. I find it hard to believe that the best growers, commercial or not, take short cuts. If this product is as good as you say it is then Im sure we will see it in a grow journal.

19. #19 darwinphilosoph, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    Here do a test...buy a co2 PPM meter and measure your room I bet it isnt over 300 and definitely isnt near the 1500 to get any real results. Listen to Rumple, he knows his shit especially about co2 i have seen many a thread about these shitty co2 gimmicks and Rumple you have been at each one to tell em they are a joke, thats my bro! Dont be dumb enough to buy into this. I use what is real, a 20# tank and a regulator...I dont get why people do all this gimmick shit, but hey I guess i did to many a moon ago.

I have run tests with 3 different mother and their clones I had a control group with the Co2 normal 300 PPM level and then ran the variable group where the co2 was supplemented to 1500 PPM. The average yield was 20-50% greater (depending on the mothers strain) in the variable group.

I will bet my bottom dollar you will get nothing more than a smell from that mat. hell if you buy the meter to test your co2 and it is anywhere even close to 1000 ppm in your room then Ill pay for your meter and eat my words because then that thing would work..it wont though.

Props to you Rumple for knowing biology and not just fancy colors and sale gimmicks! keep it real and pass on your knowledge. When I first came here you were the one to help me, im sure its true for many.

20. I tried the yeast and buckets also so it is easy to not believe tha it works
    I was a skeptic. too I seen this shit work I couldnt believe, so my friends have tried it and all have seen awesome results
    my meters also read up to 1200+ consistanly more importantly the plants stood at attention and flourished.
    I tried all the easy co2 out there (iI cant use a tank) none of it works like this.
    I wouldn knock it till you try it .
    with all due respedt to the local experts here.....:)