Need Diagnosis: weird white discoloring on top of plant during vegetative

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GreenBean1547, Jul 8, 2020.

1. First time grower here, I’m growing a few plants outdoors. The tops of the plants are starting to become white and disfigured. On one of my plants it is very clear on 3 different branches. On another it is starting but not too bad yet. Grow details: I am growing in 420 potting soil in 30 gallon fabric pots that I just transferred from 10 gallon pots. I am using fox farm tiger bloom nutrients (I know it’s too early for this now and am going to be making a change next feeding), molasses, and great white mycorrhizae every 2 weeks and every month I’ve been giving them a compost tea that I brew at home. They are currently experiencing a nitrogen and potassium deficiency I believe as well. I’ve posted the pictures to other forums and they told me it could be a certain type of mite that I need a microscope to know if it there or possibly a boron deficiency but because they weren’t entirely sure I thought I’d come over here to double check. It’s also worth mentioning that the plants were extremely root bound before I transplanted (the roots were actually growing through the bottom of the fabric pot) so I am not sure if that is causing the deficiencies and maybe this problem too. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if anyone could point out where I messed up or if there’s something I can do to fix it or at the very minimize any damage. I do know one thing for sure it shouldn’t look like this.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 dbsmda, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    I have heard of potassium deficiencies causing white growth like that.

3. Could it be the heat? How many degrees has it been outside? Sun bleach?