Need decent legal advice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by IBeChiefin, Dec 11, 2012.

1. I was being questioned by the cops and i basically told them that i sold marijuana to a buddy, does that immediately incriminate me or can i just deny it and say that i was exhausted/scared?

Also, i have a clean record but they now have possession of narcotics, Marijuana paraphernalia, Possession of Marijuana, and they have a charge against me for selling. What is the likelihood of these being dropped/reduced and can i at least get the felonies reduced?

2. #2 will3117, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    WOW, just wow,LOL basically telling the cops you sell weed is called a confession to a felony, all the other things they have are called supporting evidence of a felony, you admit you sell weed to the cops, you have weed and paraphernalia(if it was a scale your totally fucked) on you.

Then you think somehow that stress is justification to throw your confession out of court? If that was true then no confession would ever make it to court.

Now to add to all the dumb behavior that has already occurred, you post on an online marijuana forum for legal advise?

Get a lawyer, something you should of done before you opened your mouth, you cant claim stress because before you were arrested/detained you could of left anytime you wanted and after you were arrested you were advised to shut your mouth, this will be said in court weather you really were or not, and the fact you didn't take this advise is your dumb luck.

3. You will need a lawyer. Get one ASAP, it's the way this business works unfortunately.

You have a clean record, you will be able to definitely get some of this reduced thanks to that. You will likely need to plead guilty to one/some charges (hopefully reduced) to get others dropped/reduced.

This all depends upon your city, county, and state you reside in. The felonies will likely reduce, they were trying to get you scared shitless. If they have no evidence for you selling other than a statement on a police report then this shouldn't worry you too much. Everyone, even judges, know that police lie on these reports. Unless they actually have you on recording saying these things.

Please, hire a locally acclaimed lawyer to explain how your local officials will likely handle this.

4. Don't come onto a weed forum for legal advice. Speak with a lawyer.

Nothing else really needs to be said here.

5. [​IMG]

6. Damn, so im basically fucked now :\ knew i shoulda pleaded the fifth :\

7. These guys are right to be hard on you for freely talking to the cops. It happens. Some of us don't know how to handle cops as well as others.

But please don't come back to this thread.
    The advice displayed thus far has, I'm assuming, not come from any lawyer. A lawyer is what you need.

8. #8 will3117, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    You don't need to take the fifth that's for when your under oath In court.

All you had to do was stand in front of the police car and say "I don't talk to police officers without my lawyer present".

At that point if they continued attempting to question you they would have to explain that in court and it would be recorded on the car cam if you ever needed it for court.

9. [quote name='"IBeChiefin"']I was being questioned by the cops and i basically told them that i sold marijuana to a buddy[/quote]

I wanted to come in here and help with my vast amount of encounters with the legal system.
    But you just had to f*ck that up huh OP

10. dear god....if you literally are that ignorant to tell a police officer that you sold weed to a friend then you deserve what you get

11. 1. You have the right to REMAIN SILENT, anything you say CAN & WILL be USED AGAINST YOU IN THE COURT OF LAW.

2. You HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN ATTORNEY

You fucked up massively. Let us know when you get outta Jail. Best of luck, buddy!

12. Please tell me you didnt give your buddys name

13. what is wrong with u man!! u know what put ur hand out right now
    It needs to be spanked!! BAD! BAD BAD BADDD!!
    that was a horrible idea..ur so fucked! but as someone else suggest
    get yourself a lawyer & be thankful this is your first time getting fucked
    cuz that'll def help lower the sentence or have them make some kind of deal =\

14. This guy is def. not chiefin.

15. You need this guy. Better have made bank flipping to your buddys :laughing:

bettercallsaul-banner-new-560.jpg

16. You never go full retard

17. I just cant stop coming back to this thread and just saying "WOW" out loud. Like i literally say wow....really,really op? I DONT UNDERSTAND

18. op your fucked.... and maybe a little stupid

19. I lost faith in humanity

20. Such good vibes in this thread....