need dabbing / concentrate advice please

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Tannay12, Feb 10, 2018.

1. I’m very new to concentrates and would really appreciate any help on the matter.

My main concerns are:
    What basic tools do I need for dabbing? /What would you recommend for a beginner?
    What is you preferred way of using concentrates?
    Instead of a rig would a vaporizer be better?
    What should I know before beginning? Any tips?

2. What to know eh..Concentrates will knock your socks after only a rice grain sized dab is used..These concentrates can avg up to 80% and more THC percentage and they really taste great..(I like lower temp dabs..Higher produce more vapor but less taste..dialing it in is the tough part.
    Personally I like the enail and recycler, but I also use a $25 Evolve Plus pen for my concentrates..
    My rigs are pricey but you could begin with a Torch instead of an Enail..Hint..Smaller and less water is better for flavor in a water rig and do NOT mix flower rigs and concentrate rigs together....;)
    These are 2 of mine.
    Rig Guest.JPG Rig new.JPG

3. I think a glass dap pipe with heated wand made of glass rod and globed tip is my ideal method as globe side can give variety of heat diffusion rates and the addition of pressure and whipping of dab bowl to ensure not ruining a glob of wax or it becoming built up or sucked into the peice.

That or a wax dish and a hot rail crazy zong.(zig zag bong) Type heating tube with its own glass lips one heating side while the mouth peice is flat as possible. Elbow are are optional for a hollow tube "trunk" to cool the rip and not have wax fly into mouth

4. Basic tools needed for dabbing: Butane or Propane torch (along with butane/propane), a dabber (usually metal or glass that you use to transfer you concentrate from its container to your nail), a glass rig (these can range from $20 to thousands, so just find something basic to start out), a titanium nail or quartz banger ( I prefer quartz bangers for taste but they can be a pain to keep clean) and a carb cap for whichever nail/banger you buy (this is to be used for when you take low temp dabs which maximizes your flavor and is a more pleasant hit) and lastly, you need your concentrate.

My preferred way of using concentrates is using a rig and torch, I torch my banger for about 30 seconds, wait a little over a minute then put my concentrate in the nail and put the carb cap on and take my hit. I also have a concentrate pen I will use occasionally but only if I have certain types of oil, won't put my good expensive sauce in a pen.

I definitely prefer using a rig for concentrates, far more effective.

My last tip is make sure you let the nail cool off after torching before taking your dab. People get excited and take their dab when the nail is red hot and it will hurt your chest and you lose most of the good flavor

• Like Like x 2
  5. concur with this. I just started dabbing about a month ago and thats exactly what I do to maximise flavour and taste etc.