Need Cab Design Advice

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by drsev6, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Hello all,

As stated in the subject, this is my first grow and I intend to use a wardrobe cabinet. I would like to grow using hydroponics. I would like to yield enough for 3oz per month.

I've attached a rough draft of plans I have for the cabinet. What I need from the GC community is some advice on the following:

- Light wattage per chamber (Veg/Flower) - Will the Flower chamber support a 400W HPS in a cool tube? I was thinking a 250w MH in the Veg room. Both lights would be on adjustable lines. Or would a CFL do fine in the Veg room, thereby cutting down on heat?

- Ventilation - since I want to have a Veg and Flower chamber, should I use to inline exhaust fans and filters. Or is there a better way to vent both sides without having light leaks between chambers and use just 1 fan/filter.

- number of plants I can fit in the Flower chamber? I would like to do LST to increase yield.

- Passive Intakes - If I use a 4" fan, how big should my holes be? Do I need two or one? I thought I remember reading the intake should be 2x the size of the exhaust. Truth to this?

I think the 2ft area where I have the Reservoir is probably too big. Would that area be sufficient for a veg/clone area? If so where would I put the reservoir? Or do I do some cutting and reduce the 2ft area to a 1ft area?

Thanks in advance for your time and comments.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good ,I don't know if you'll get 6oz per harvest with that setup tho