NEED BONG HELP ASAP-having problem with bowl piece and down stem.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by becca92x0, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Okay, So I bought a Bong the other day, with it same the bong itself, and two other separate pieces(bowl piece and down-stem). When I first went to use my bong, I did not realize that there was a bowl piece(it was wrapped up separately) and I was trying to find ideal water level with just the down-stem. It was making the "bubbling" noise that bongs do when I just had the down stem in, however once I put in the bowl piece It doesn't bubble as much and its extremely difficult to draw smoke. From what I have researched, I should have a rubber stopper and this will solve my problems. If this is what is giving me problems where does the rubber stopper go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. With it came*

3. [quote name='"becca92x0"']Okay, So I bought a Bong the other day, with it same the bong itself, and two other separate pieces(bowl piece and down-stem). When I first went to use my bong, I did not realize that there was a bowl piece(it was wrapped up separately) and I was trying to find ideal water level with just the down-stem. It was making the "bubbling" noise that bongs do when I just had the down stem in, however once I put in the bowl piece It doesn't bubble as much and its extremely difficult to draw smoke. From what I have researched, I should have a rubber stopper and this will solve my problems. If this is what is giving me problems where does the rubber stopper go.

[/quote]

The rubber stopper should go on the downstem on the outside of the bong. But that will just make it more air-tight, sounds like that's the initial problem.

4. So what should I do ):

5. Get a rubber gromit and put it where the downstem goes in.

6. [quote name='"becca92x0"']So what should I do ):[/quote]

See what's stopping the airflow. There should be a clear straight from the bowl 'hole' to the water in the bong.

7. check to see where air is being pulled from when you have all the pieces together, if it makes bubbly noises when you pull air with just the downstem, then it might be the bowl piece that giving you the problem. just make sure there's no air coming from other places besides the actual bowl when you draw thru the neck and you should be good to go