~~~~~Need an answer to a LED question, QUICK!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by CloseTheCloset, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I'm going LED! My cabinet is 2ftw x 3-5ft tall x 1ft deep. Im in search of something that will cover this area along with my cfl's. I want a 90watt ufo or 50 watt flat panel setup. I need to know if these LED's are worth picking up off ebay, thanks!

QUADBAND LED GROW LIGHT PANEL QUAD TRI Triband UFO - eBay (item 230438704083 end time Feb-23-10 20:54:55 PST)

90W FULL SPECTRUM TRIBAND UFO HYDROPONIC LED GROW LIGHT - eBay (item 250581849265 end time Feb-23-10 18:00:16 PST)

90W FULL SPECTRUM TRIBAND UFO HYDROPONIC LED GROW LIGHT - eBay (item 300400145683 end time Feb-23-10 22:05:27 PST)

2. I would go with the third one since they at least provide the specs and you know exactly what nm it covers. But, beware of UFO style LEDs, it is super easy for fly-by night companies to put these things together using cheap and crappy power supplies.

3. That one looks better, the Bridgelux & HP-Opto diodes are decent, go for it!

4. to be honest i wouldn't get either one

do not buy a light with orange LED
    do not buy a light with IR LED

DO buy a light with 660nm red
    DO buy a light 450nm blue leds

if you're going more than dual band, make sure it doesn't have IR or WHITE or ORANGE - its a waste.

420nm, 450nm, 630nm and 660nm is the right around the ideal mix.

I'm talking only about those ebay lights because thats probably the best you'll find on there.

5. Urbangrowers.com or what ever it is where they have AN reps there talking on LED.. You def. want a light that has multiple light sources... I would def. pick the one that you posted last or I would pick Quad BAND Hydroponic 90 Watt UFO LED Plant Grow Light - eBay (item 390158459172 end time Feb-23-10 17:46:08 PST)

I grow with two different led lights that I purchased off ebay and I must say that when I heard the Advance Nutrients people say that the orange or white or what ever actualy helps for some reason.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9__FADGdw]YouTube - UG 45 Stealth Grow LED Lights[/ame]

7. From what I've gathered in general, do your research before buying LED setups from eBay. Lots of Christmas light arrays in disguise.