Need an ac/heater/dehumidifier/humidifier combo

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by limpy L, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Looking for a combo unit if there is one. I have a small room so what I MUST have is the temperature prob to able to be extended into my grow room located 5-6 feet away. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Are you talking about a window unit?

If you could find a cheap analog window AC (not digital so you can leave it on, and it will come on when you plug it in), and run it off of a thermostat controller mounted in the grow area.

You could also use one with a digital thermostat built in and just find the setting that works best for your grow room, and it will keep it that way. You don't HAVE to  have the sensor in the grow room. If your dumping your hot air back into the air conditioned room that will control how often the AC compressor kicks on and blows cold air. Brownian motion / movement will keep it all equalized for you once you find the setting that keeps the temps you want.

As far as a dehumidifier, all AC units dehumidify the air as they cool. The moisture from the hot air condenses and collects on evaporator coil where it drips into a pan that drains out the back (if it's a window unit). Ones that have a dehumidify mode just run the compressor at half capacity in that mode.

As far as a heater, why not just have a small space heater to keep it from getting too cold during the dark cycle. It doesn't have to be inside the grow area if you circulate a minimal amount of air (again, Brownian motion will help equalize the temps inside and outside the tent).