Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need ALOT of help for my mom

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Florida420bud, Nov 19, 2008.

1. so my mom has a brain tumor the size of a water bottle in the back of her head, all the way down to her neck. Unfortunately its inoperable, or in other words it cant be removed. It makes her have pain all over her back, legs, and shoulders. I think smoking would be alot of help for her. I live in florida where there is no medical bud centers. She used to smoke alot of weed and occasionally trip on acid until she became pregnant with my brother and i. So i dont think that buying it illegally would be a problem for her.

So my question is how do you think i could show her how much it would help without really telling her i smoke weed.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. and im only looking for serious comments, i actually do need alot of help.

Thanks to anyone that can offer information

2. hey dude, my mom also had a tumor but she got it removed recently but has to go through chemo, I am going to recommend smoking if my mom can't cope with the pain, and it seems my grandparents agree.

Show her some sites about the benefits of the pain relief about Marijuana if she is still in real pain, and no other meds seem to be working.

3. yah dude she deff is. and sorry to hear that. my mom had the chemo done several yrs ago and cnt do anymore so i think weed is the only option.

which is why it pisses me off tht its still illegal, all it does is help you.

and my only concern about showing her sites and videos is that she'll get suspicious i guess.i watched an hour long video the other day about all the health benefits and how no one has ever died from it. i think im gonna show it to her and do some more research.

4. Just make a pan of brownies and wait for her to eat them and feel better. I feel for your situation man, hope it works out the best it can

5. thanks bro. and actually thats a good idea haha. i know shell recognize the feeling the second it kicks in haha

6. dude if your mom use to trip on acid and smoke all the time i doubt she will care you smoke.but yeah i bet weed woudl help her out alot.good luck man:)

7. Bad advice. Please don't do that.

Just because you mom used to smoke, and just because everyone here understands the benefits of MMJ doesn't make it ok to medicate her without her consent.

Ask, and i'd almost bet you that she'll agree to cheef, or eat some buds.

8. haha yah she lived in cali during woodstock and stuff. she told me she would be cool with me trying. but i smoke everyday haha and she thinks tht weed today is way different than how it was.but she wouldnt know because its been like 20 yrs since she blazed ahah.
    and for everyone tht posted thanks for ur help. any one else tht can help please do.

9. 1. sorry about your mom

2. pot will only help with the pain, is she in pain?

3. i think yer mom has bigger things to worry about then her son smoking a lil pot right now so don't worry telling yer mom
    just tell her you did it a few times and you know that it can help her

4. if you really don't want to tell her you smoke just say that you read about it in some article about how people are using it relax and help with the pain

5. the decision to smoke pot or not is hers and hers alone, if she doesn't seem interested, don't force it

10. yah haha your right.i think im just gonna email her a bunch of info about it on it from a random address haha.

any more help is appreciated

happy toking :bongin:

11. Sorry to hear about that.

That doesn't make you guilty of anything, I'm sure she knows you care, & just thought it might be an option, nothing more than something for her to consider. Then if she's interested take it to the next level, show her strain options from seed banks, what mediciple benefits each have, not that you will get any & grow, but it will increase the interest even more. Back in the day we didn't really know that much about any benefits, she might be surprised. I'm sure she figures at least one of your friends smokes or knows where to get some, let her ask, she will if she wants it.

12. I agree with lovedaweed17, if she used to smoke and stuff, then I doubt that she'll really care ALL that much if you do, and you can prolly think of ways of presenting it to your mom... Just tell her you really want her to feel better, and tell her that you've looked at some options on the net, and the one that seems most fitting is Marijuana...

13. to timmyg.

thats a REALLY good idea. i think when i have a chance ill just bring it up in a conversation about how i saw it on t.v

and i think after her knowing all the health benefits, she'll be okay with me smoking to.

and yes, shes in alot of pain. alot of days she cant get out of bed. and the painkillers the doctors have prescribed have only made it worse.but thats a diff story haha

14. im so sorry to hear about your mom.
    I think weed can possibly help out your mom. If she is open minded to trying it, id say go ahead. there was a thread on here with a bunch of links on the effects of smoking weed..but i cant find it now. But there is SO much positive information. Beware of the propaganda out there tho.

And just talk to your mom about it. Reassure her that nothing bad will happen, and if she doesnt like it she doesnt have to do it ever again. Let her know it HER CHOICE.
    Tell her if she wishes, that when she tries it you will watch and take care of her, and if she feels too overwhelmed you can help her out. Let her know there are almost no side effects, and the ones that happen will be positive. It will get her eating if the painkillers devoured her stomach.

goodluck to you and i hope your mother can recover

15. thanks everyone for your help. im so glad people are participating in this.

i just talked to my mom!! i brought it up casually and eventually she said she wouldnt mind if i tried it or did it somewhat regulary. she said that she is open to looking up more info, and agrees with me that it causes no harm. i think im gonna show her what some more common, modern strains are. i have a little bit of purple kush.

and it turns out she was crazyyy as a teenager haha. when she was 19 she smuggled 7 pounds of mexican shwag across the border. on the other side cops were waiting but techinaclly "it wasnt hers" haha. and she got let offf with a fine. she also smoked famous strains back in the 60s like alcapulco gold and stuff like that. hearing her stories were crazyy haha.

she also said that she might be open to trying it again. and wants to look online for more info.

tell me what you guys think

16. Try this... Bake some brownies with a 1/2 oz of some regs in it. Give her one, see if she notices she is high, then inform her on how it will help with pain!

You can give her all the information on it, and since shes high she just might be cool with it. Lol

17. haha thanks guys. i just got done talking to my mom. COMPLETELY cool with me smoking. she said shell consider trying it again. im so glad i did this and i dont feel like im lying to her any more. she already has enough to do deal with i dont wanna be sneaking around behind her back

she broke up the nugs i had for me to haha. she was like u have to break it up completely if u wanna smoke a good joint haha. which lead me to showing her my pipe haha.

thanks for everyone that helped. +rep for everyone for sure

18. I very glad to hear this worked out for you.

I will pray for both of you. Stay strong.:wave:

19. Wow this thread is pretty awesome.

You gotta update us on how smoking with her went!

20. So do you just go around your kitchen takin bong rips? I sure would haha but that sucks about your moms tumor. Thank god she'll find some relief from mary jane in the near future