Need advise on outdoor Midwest grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TheBullDozer, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hello,

Question for you seasoned Midwest growers. When do you move your babies outside? I was thinking around early April. I figure the April showers will provide plenty of H2O for the newly transplanted roots.

Do you let them veg for a good 30 days before moving them outside? I will be transplanting 1 dinafem diesel & 2 bcbd the purps. They will be moved to 4 gal buckets buried in the ground filled with FFOF.

Please Advise, Thanks![​IMG]

2. The week of the "last average frost".

In the midwest, April is too soon because daylength is too short and the plants may very likely attempt to flower. Even if they dont try and flpwer, they may have a growth delay from the confusion.

Im not sure of your lattitude, but I live at 37N and i cant plant until May 1. I have a buddy at 42, and he cant plant until may 15.

30 days but not much more BD. The older a plant is the more it suffers transplant/ photoperiod shock so there are diminishing returns with that.

dont have your indoor lighting more than about 15.5-16hrs of light to keep it close to outdoor daylength at time of transplant.
    \
    good luck

3. Thanks clodhopper! Much Appreciated!