Need advise on my plants please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by maverick45710, Jan 6, 2010.

1. #1 maverick45710, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    I have 24 2-week old plants in promix under 600 watt HPS ( MH bulb was bad so waiting on new one in mail ) In the last week the leaves have started curling under and are dry and getting worse everyday. I have three different strains and all are doing the same thing. The temps are staying right around 79 when the lights are on and around 73 when they are out. It has been cold outside in the last week here and when I checked the temps again I did find that the room temp had dropped to 69 probably more than once this last week. The humidity in the room is kind of low ( 30% ) but I started misting the plants with distilled water twice a day but the leaves still seem dry and are curling under more and more? Any ideas??

2. Whats your soils runoff ph?

Are you using nutes yet?

How often are you watering?

How big are your pots?

Temps are fine. Low humidity can be fixed with one or two dishes of water in front of a fan.

3. Sounds like the light may be too close to the plants. A light that size can easily burn small plants especially if you are misting. Try moving the light back about 12" and see if it stops. If not, go another 6".

4. I tried to upload pics but I cant figure it out, I keep getting errors. I have not started using nutes yet. The light is almost 24" away from my plants but it does seem like they mite be getting warm. They shouldnt be with the light 2 ft away. I havent checked ph but I have mostly just used distilled water and if I did use tap water I let it set out for 24hrs or more which was only a couple times. I have grown in the same room several times before and this is the first time for this and its effecting all three strains???

5. BTW plants were in large styro cups for first two weeks and last night I transplanted to 12" quart sized containers. They were ready to be transplanted but the roots were not too crowded. I hand water when they are completly dry ( about every three days ) Plants are right at two weeks old yesterday and this started right after one week old. I am going to keep trying to upload pics ( it keeps saying error invalid file?? )

6. OK I think this is going to work. Thanx for any help!

Attached Files:

7. Did those styrofoam cups have drainage holes? Looks like overwatering, though the watering schedule you describe does not sound like it would lead to overwatering.

8. #8 maverick45710, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    yes they had several holes in the bottoms of the cups. The leaves almost seem dry and brittle. Could the air being stale have anything to do with it? I havent been using my exhaust fan that goes outside because the temps are in the single digits here but I have been leaving the door open when the lights are on and opening the register to the room when the lights are off and the door is closed. Its just too cold here for me to open up my vents to the outside. I keep my fan running 24 hours on low and the room is not completly sealed but the outside vents are closed. The temps are good but humidity is low. Is it possible to over water with pro-mix I thought it was 50% absorb and 50% repell making it a perfect grow medium? It does seem to be affecting the smaller plants more so maybe they are not as dry as I think but still I wait at least 3 days to water.

9. Made my first seed order today with attitude. Just had to tell someone, I am so excited! I would like to have a 5-pack of everything they have! I ordered 5 fem bubblegum, 5 fem Ice cream and 5 fem master kush and got 4 awsome freebies 2 fem and 2 reg seeds. This is the only place I can share my excitement! Thanx everybody!

10. Like toasty said it sounds like overwatering do you have a moisture meter?

Get an aquarium ph test and test the soils runoff ph and let us know what it is.

The plants are going to show a few signs of stess after transplanting but, i dont think thats your problem as this was a problem before. still a week or so from being ready for nutes. Idk maybe someone else can chime in with a better solution for you.

11. You can buy a cheap 3 way ph tester that will give you PH/Moisture/light from lowes or home depot for like 10 bucks, its well worth the money:D

12. WoW. That's a good price, gotta link?

As for your problem man, looks like; over watering and the lights being too close.

You've said that those two things couldn't be a problem, so that just leaves the finicky plant idea.

Marijuana is a plant, a living thing. It's not going to be, act, grow the same over and over again.

13. I moved the light up today 6 inches and I am going to stay away from the watering untill im sure they are dry. They seem to be perking up some in the new pots already, I tried to take some pics but that HPS is to bright to get a good pic. I will take some pics tomorrow morn right before the light comes on ( 12 am ) I didnt water them when I transplanted because I soaked the dirt the night before and it was pretty damp. I really didnt think I was overwatering but its possible I guess. How long before it will come out of it if it is due to to much water? Has anyone used advanced nutes? I think I am going to try them, I ran out of the fox farm I had and was going to order more but then I heard about advanced nutes. On my last grows I started the nutes around three to four weeks with no probs. I was going to try to start earlier with these because they were growing so well and then this problem started so I am definatly going to wait. I dont need more than one problem at a time.