Need advise from "experienced" people

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by iRasta, May 21, 2009.

1. Basically, I intend on trying the "magic mushroom" for the first time ever. I plan on eating an eighth, but is this too much for my first time? I'm also curious to as what the experience is like. Yes, i'm aware you trip, but i'm looking for more details. Also, does weight and height contribute to how hard you trip? If so, i'm pretty small, 5''4 and weigh about 120 lbs. Thanks GC :)

2. 1/8th is too much. Taking half is great for a good first timer, especially of your height and weight. I'm about the same size as you, actually and took a half 1/8th my first time. Expect it to take an hour to two hours to feel effects. Take it in a familliar environment with someone you trust who isn't taking any. Trip sitter! I became very impulsive, happy, bubbley, and giddy. My perception of things was distorted and I could play "mental tricks" on myself. Make sure you're in a good mood when you take them, because that will determoine how your trip goes. If you feel panicky, just remember that it's a temporary effect and everything will return back to normal. Have fun!

3. IMO an 8th is NOT too much. not if you think you can handle it. I took an 8th my first time and it was the funnest thing I've ever done in my life. I've also taken 4.3 grams before, and that was NOT the funnest thing I've ever done in my life.

4. I tripped for the first time a month or so ago, took half an 1/8 and it was awesome...planning to step it up a notch next time to 3/4 of an 1/8.

5. An 8th is fine I think, I took a little more than that my first time, but I'm very glad I had a trip sitter. no matter how much you take, just make sure you're comfortable in your state of mind and your surroundings or you will have a bad trip.

6. The experience is different for everybody.

7. take an 1/16 (half of 1/8!?!?) and see how it goes after a couple of hours (wait at least 1h30. 2hours) then take more if you feeling alright or you think you could handle.... and yh have a trip sitter cuz i badtriped alone my first time and it was.... very not cool

8. I was trippin balls on 1/2 an 1/8 (1/16?). Visuals and everything. I don't know if height/weight really matters or not, but I'm 5'10 225. I think it'd be best to not eat enough and then have some more rather than eating more than you can handle imo.

9. #9 BlindfAth, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    an eighth generally speaking is a good first time amount... but you will probably only need a half eighth to get a good body buzz and some minor hallucinations such as wavy surfaces and maybe more depth

I dropped acid today... Unfortunately the doses were fucked up I was looking for some strong visuals and all I got was body high and the ground moved when I stared at it.... but when I drove my car I felt pretty good so whatever

10. i took a half eighth my first time and tripped balls... they were really good shrooms though. The standard dose for a first timer is a half eighth, but a full eighth isnt too much... you will be fine taking that much, as long as you have a positive outlook on it and are in a good place.

I expected to just see patterns and shit, what surprised me the most was how spiritual it was. I am in no way a religious or spiritual person, but when i took shrooms it was just incredible. Expect colors to be WAY more vibrant..,.. lights more... hmm... powerful isnt right, they arent like intense... but more awesome i guess.

After you take your shrooms (best method imo is to make a peanut butter sandwich and just put them on it, they dont really taste bad, the peanut butter totally disguises it too). About 30 minutes later you will start to feel your brain expanding, you will feel it in your temples. Then you will feel absolutely stoned... once you start to feel stoned go smoke some weed. After your bowl/blunt/whatever you toke on, it will start getting strong and you will know for sure that its taking full effect.

Mid trip you may feel like your stomach is twisting... thats because you ate some crazy shrooms and have food poisoning, but thats good, because thats what makes you trip. Its ok, you wont feel too bad, and you will feel way to happy and awesome to care. I felt like the universe was twisting out of my stomach at one point... its hard to describe. Smoking is a must by the way, it will intensify the trip and take away the nausea you might get.

It's like a roller coaster ride man... you will go up and down as far as intensity goes... you will also be trying to "collect your thoughts". Talking isnt impossible on shrooms, but it will be REALLY hard to put in words what you are thinking... language just isnt that good.

good luck
    have fun

EDIT: pop some vit C pills and drink some orange juice... vitamin C does something with the shrooms that help to intensify it as well.

11. 8th is the perfect amount.

12. Thanks! I'm thinkin' i'll just eat anywhere around 2.5 grams to 3 for my first time.

13. 2 to 3 grams im telling you.

more if your not smoking before and after like I did, stay away from public areas, until its set in and you know you can handle it out in public.

14. I'm not sure what "an 8th" of shrooms would look like, but it sounds like a lot. Better to aim too low than too high and have a bad trip that turns you off from shrooms forever.

My first time, I ate about 4-5 grams, which was great. At first. The body high was fantastic, and everything looked really "trippy". Then, without warning, it took a turn for the worse. My head started hurting, I felt extremely fatigued and weak, and my stomach and urinary tract felt like they were on fire. Everything looked really distorted and menacing, and I laid down on the floor thinking I was dying (but surprisingly calm).

All of my other trips were on low doses-1 or 2 grams at most-and were MUCH more pleasant. I still got visuals, they just weren't overwhelming and frightening, and the body load was much more manageable.

Of course everyone's different. My friend LOVES shrooms and can never take "too much", so to each his own. Just make sure the set and setting are right, and that you're in a safe place with people you trust completely.

15. Excellent advice. All of it, apart from the vit C. Don't try combining your shrooms with vit C or anything acidic (lime/lemon juice, oranges , cranberries, vinegar and shit), unless you are a very experienced psychonaut. Especially with anything acidic. You're gonna open pandora's box ^^

Take care, have a revelative experience.
    ~Dug

16. Shrooms is not food poisoning... It may give you an upset stomache, but it is not caused by bacteria. It is not food poisoning.

Psylocybin is a hallucinogenic compound that works similarly to LSD and other psychotropics (screws with the serotonin receptors)

17. try a gram, cause the more u take, the more vulnerable u become to your surroundings

and good way to avoid a bad trip is friends, scenery (like a park), and music

18. Another good advice. Although I have to point out that the true psychedelic experience requires more like 5 dried grams in silent darkness. Not for the faint hearted, not for the inexperienced. But anyone who wants to get somewhere should aim for this.

A psychedelic experience is not an outgoing social situation. Is you, leaning from the edge of the abyss, taking a peak, and praying to last a little longer before you can't stand it any more.

Take a gram or two. Have a mate with you. Not an asshole. But remember that this is just a glimpse.

Fly.

~Dug.

19. Precisely. Kudos, A.