//////Need advice transplanting rooted clones into DWC (nutrients)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kushmanno, Jan 7, 2013.

1. First time with DWC so please bare with.....

Transplanted freshly rooted clones (about 3/4'' of visibal roots) into 3.5gal DWC buckets. I added the below amounts of Micro,Grow & Bloom to the water. Curious to see if I should not of added any nutrient until ateleast wk 2?

2gall bucket
    .5teaspoon of Micro, Grow & Bloom nutrient to each of the two buckets

They are feeding off Advanced Nutrients 3-part Grow,Micro,Bloom.. The bottle says .77teaspoon per gal and considering I have 2gal of RO water in there I lowered it a little to .5tea/gal.

Read somewhere on the web that after cloning and transplanting the tips of the leaves will discolor and shed a bit within the first wk or two of growth?

No PPM meter until next wk so I'm sailing in the dark here for a bit....
    Either I stick with it and let them ride it out, or if it is in fact a case of too many ppms at this stage, dillute or change the water out completely....

Any thoughts??

2. when you transplant clones, you can make a water mix to start at about 1/3 reccomanded dosage . then upgrade to full mix when you want.
    healty clones are not turning any yellow leafs. if you always keep them at a good humidity when rooting, and dont let dry too much,be gentle with them everydays until they root and them transplant them, you will have still all green leafs. ( the more ou have leaf on them and they are green, faster they will grow of course )

3. I start my clones with about 10% strength nutes when going from my cloning dome to their net pots. I also top feed until I see roots poking through.

While in the dome I just use clean ph water and mist them until I see good roots coming out

4. yes that it.

if you want your clone grow faster when transplanting you can do this here :
    when you see everyclone that have roots at the bottom, you can water them 1 last time with the nutes at 10 % or 25 %, so they will already have resistance and will already know what is nutes, when clones have roots you can give them nutes.
    so like this , you water them 1 times before transplanting them, wait anoter 2-3 days, then transplant them with up to 25 % and even 40 % of the nute solution, trust me they will like that.

the best solution of course is to have a hydroponics system for babies only, with a mist spray controled, and a flood and drain system for the clones only , like that, they will already know what nute is and when you want a transplant them, ouch, they have so much roots already
    with this you can do the 2 days veg and straight to 12/12 and have the technic small plants big buds