Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need advice (sleep/insomnia related)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Suncrusher101, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Hey Grasscity! As im sure you can tell, im a new user here. Ive been having some inner conflict the last few weeks over if I should continue smoking or not. I just want to get some ideas of what other people are experiencing and I came across this site so I decided to make an account.

Now I know this is in the apprentice board, but im a seasoned smoker of about 7 years (age 24). For the first few years it was mostly an off and on thing, but for the past 5 years I havent missed a single night of smoking before ive gone to sleep. Overall, ive found it to be a godsend when it comes to my random sleep issues, helping me where nothing else has before. I have even got my dad to use it for his insomnia, and its been working for him too! Hes been through dozens of sleep meds too that have done nothing for him, so you could say cannabis has helped my family quite a bit.

Recently, ive been having some form of inner conflict though. As great as it is that cannabis has put me to sleep each night, its come at the one cost: the loss of dreams. I cant remember the last time I had a dream.. it might even be 5 years ago.. Is this bad?

Is it bad to go without dreams for too long? Has anyone noticed not having dreams having an adverse affect on them after several years? I mean I havent.. at least nothing concrete that ive noticed.. but ive been really worried lately. Like I need to force myself to stop for at least a little while.. but I dont want insomnia again! and sleep meds dont help!

If anyone can chime in on this it would be massively appreciated.. I just want some peace of mind.

2. I think you're still dreaming, but don't remember them. Are you worried about not having dreams, or is worrying making you wonder if it's from a lack of dreams? I think you're OK. Lots of times I haven't remembered any dreams for long periods.

3. Ya I mean I definitely feel OK too. Its not like my work life or social life has changed in any way outside of smoking. Ill usually only smoke at night so it puts the rest of the day into perspective for me. See, now I feel like that whole mentality right there tells you im really just causing this in my head haha.

But I do like the thought of your statement being that I just forget dreams. I was thinking about that and it does make total sense. Literally going without full REM sleep for a certain amount of time is relative to dying. And, of course, we would know if someone had died from "smoke sleeping" by now.

I guess I like to just put my thinking into overdrive on a daily basis, especially if im sober. Always thinking what if this, what if that. Hey, thats another positive thing bud helps me with! All the mental overdrive haha.

4. I went through a time when I had that same fear. It was a couple months ago and I was kinda like "shit I havent dreamt in a while"
    Don't worry about it. This may sound dumb but I started drinking this tea that's good right before bed. The lade who sold it to me told me it was good for vivid dreams and I've been having some vivid ass dreams. Could just be a power-of-mind thing but you're not dying bro. Change up your smoking schedule too.. that's helped me a lot.
    []_[]

5. #5 wafdof, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    You know when you haven't dreamt in a while. People with sleep apnea (like me) start losing it because of lack of sleep and lack of REM sleep.

Like joker said, you are probably just not recalling them.