Need advice regarding my situation with my parents

Discussion in 'General' started by liam5040, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Well basically through the years of being a normal teenage boy smoking dope i got caught a few times and i always got the same answer as to why i wasnt aloud to smoke. My parents would always say that i needed to wait untill i was 18 Before they let me smoke and well i just turned 18 and i dont know a good way of going about this. My mother isnt very fond of MJ and my father smokes it himself but would take my mothers side over me. What do you guys think i should do inorder for me to smoke my weed in peace without getting my folks pissed

2. Get your own place.

• Like Like x 5
  3. i would but its soo expensive since i only have a part time job and a training course i dont get a good wage

4. I would just come out and ask them. Considering they said to wait until you are 18, you are now 18 see if they are open to discussing it. But their house their rules.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I second joy-smile. Since you are 18 and they said wait till you're 18. Now would be a good time to discuss it. Good luck and cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had a huge problem with my mom when she found out I smoked. She even tried to force me into rehab. You just have to wait for them to warm up to the idea. I would just not smoke at the house or do it outside in a spot where you won't bother anyone. Or talk to your dad first and come to an agreement with him and then let him talk your mom into it. He will have better luck with her than you will especially since he is a fellow smoker. Just don't come home every night smelling like a skunk with blood red eyes and eat everything in your kitchen. The less obvious you make it the more comfortable your mom will feel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Now that u r 18 u r an adult and can make ur own decisions for real now that's y ur mother told u to wait till u were 18 cause now she has no say in what u can or cannot do so smoke away

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I agree start with your dad. That's what I would do. And think about the big picture. Not just to smoke that night. Just go in and have a light discussion. Feel him out and plant a seed in his mind. Definitely don't go in demanding it. Remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. And you will always be their little boy. They love you and are trying to protect you.

9. This is why you get an apartment with some friends of yours so you can split the rent.

10. He may be 18 but he's 18 still living with his folks. As long as he is living under their roof, their rules. He can start preaching that "I'm 18 now hear me roar" when he gets his own crib.

I agree with the other poster who said look for some close friends who might be looking to get their own place as well and split the rent.