need advice quick please

Discussion in 'General' started by baked as fuk, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Ok so I bought this truck from this guy about 3 months ago. He signed over the title and all that shit to me and I paid him in cash. I got insurance on the truck and everything but the one thing I still have to do is go down to the tag office and get it registered or something under my name? Apparently I ran a toll booth a few weeks ago and they mailed the warning to the guy I bought the truck from cuz i guess it has the same plates. It's going to cost over $200 to get this done and he won't leave me alone about it. He just text me "you need to call me or were going to have a problem". I seriously just don't have the money to go get it switched over to my name yet.. But I plan on it in the next couple weeks. Is there anything he can do to me? Can I get in trouble? I'm thinking of texting him and saying that I just don't have the money right now. Ideas?

2. I just told him I haven't had the money so he said he's going to call the bank that gave me the loan to buy the truck in the morning and tell them what's up. He says this is bullshit. Idk what to do.

3. Anyone? Fuck. Now he says he's going to call my dad

4. Be straight forward don't beat around the bush tell him you will have the cash when you can or make payments ect... He is just angry and will most likely get over it I am not sure what he can really do at this point.

5. He's going to call the bank and probably cause a bunch of problems. If my dad finds out about this he is going to be Fucking pissed

6. Basically I need to come up with $200 tomorrow to take care of this shit and im broke.

7. honestly man i would be doing the exact same thing he is doing you need to get it over into your name you should have done that right away barrow the money from you dad hes goin to find out if you dont anyway

8. Might as well tell your dad yourself he will find out sooner or later maybe he can help you with the $200 and then you can pay him back, what's done is done all you can do now is fix it and make it right.

9. Craigslist. Pawn shop. Cash advance, or title loan.

10. Good Advice: Expect the unexpected, and try not live paycheck to paycheck. It will help when stuff like this happens.
    Good luck though, try and stay positive and keep a cool head. I know it's stressfull.