Need advice... :P

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Giants25, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Its kinda funny how I loved being on this site when I stopped smoking a few months ago to get a job then I started smoking and totally lost interest in this and now stopped smoking again to find another and now I'm back on :) ANYWAYS, so I stopped talking to my friend around February. We've been friends since 6th or 7th grade and he always tried to be like me (always copied my music, liked the San Francisco Giants because I loved them, always ask me what would I do, etc etc) but he always wanted to be better/have more authority than me especially when we were around other people and let me give you some more background info of why I stopped talking to him. His name is Z.

In high school, about 2 years ago, after school I invited Z and my other friend to my house to hang out and listen to some music (not smoking), so Z and my other friend still had their backpacks. Z tells me he needs to take a dump so i tell him you know where the restroom is at. About an hour later, they leave. In my cabinet in my restroom i have a collection of Alternative Press magazines that i just read and put them there when i i'm done. A week later my friend tells me that Z took 3 of my magazines. I tell him i want my magazines back and he only gives me two back and i ask him where is the other one and he said I don't know. I'm pissed at him but its high school i see him everyday.

Still in H.S, I let Z stay the night at my house one weekend and he left early because his dad was gonna pick him and he decided to take my psp which was in my living room on the table without me knowing. I wake up and i notice its gone. I ask my parents if they got it to put away and my sister if she was playing it. All said no. I texted Z "hey did you take my psp?" he replies "nah." so im like wtf?!?!. About one hour later he texts me back "hahaha i took it." I put "WTF dude. You could of at least asked if you can borrow it. Im going over there to pick it up." he puts "I know you wouldn't let me borrow it and im not home." I go to his house and sure enough hes there take my shit and leave and about a couple months later he steals my sister ipod headphones and sells them because the headphones had makeup on them and i later see other friend of mine with them. Like I said earlier, its high school. High school is over, we graduate.

I'm gonna try to keep the rest as brief as possible to get to the point.

College starts and many little arguements later and I sadly get a class with him. All he does is smoke bud and go to class (no offense to the people do) but he wants everybody to know hes high. he laughs and talks fuckin retarted and brings a shitload of food so people could ask him for some. He even talks about buying dank loud so everybody even the teacher could hear. I found out later he stole jewelery from his mom and pawned it to get money to buy a sack. That's sad very sad. I literally yelled at him in front his face calling him a loser and shit and i haven't spoke to him since. He later left school.

The advice part.

I haven't talked to him in almost a year. When we did talk before it was either smoke and get somewhat, awkwardly along or be sober and get mad a each other. His parents are divorcing, his parents are losing the house, He has no job, he doesn't drive because he doesn't have a license or a car, He has literally no real friends only his smoke, hangout and leave friends. I was his only TRUE friend. I was the only one his parents trusted and liked. Pretty much his life is going to the shits. I'm not gonna call him and be like HEY! lets hangout! but if i see him walking in town offer him a ride and acknowledge his existence. What i'm asking is should i give him a second chance? or for all the bad things hes done to me just let him deal with it himself?

long story short: Friend since 7th grade steals my magazines, psp, and sells my sisters headphones. All he did in college was smoke bud and be annoying. later left school. Stole jewelry from his mom to buy a sack. Yelled at him calling him a loser and haven't talked to him in almost a year. His life is going to the shits parents divorcing, losing the house, had no car or job, and almost no friends. Should I give him a second chance to talk to him?

2. if he still smokes/does other drugs don't trust him, he'll rob your ass in second especially after calling him a loser (which he is). Even some people with drug problems have morals, this bag of shit apparently does not.

3. Dont feel pity for this kid, he'd be the kinda guy that leads to your downfall.

4. I can definitely beat his ass, but he's one of those guys that if you beat his ass if kinda feel bad your beating him up. He has the traits of being "special" but hes not. He is just not there. I don't know if you catch my drift there. Beating him up would be the last thing i'll do. If i do i think he would attempt to kill himself. Hes pretty low right now. If i see the guy walking or something ill give him a ride and tell him i want to be his friend but only if he starts getting his life straight. I'm willing to give him rides to look for jobs and stuff but the hardest part is him laying off the drugs. If he can't do that then there's nothing I can do. I just can't see who someone i called a friend go down like that. Thanks for the replies guys.

5. I would never associate with someone again if they disrespected me like that. You were friends for that long and he had the audacity to steal from you and then deny it when he got caught. Once a scumbag always a scumbag. He dug his own grave man.

6. #6 adambommb, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    ^this, but if you truly think hes one of those people thats going to end up being suicidal and shit and eventually blowing his brains out, then i think you should try to reconnect somehow
    or..
    maybe you telling him off showed him the douchebag he was and decided to change
    most of the time when someone ends up with no friends, they tend to change for the better usually trying to right their wrongs, unless he truly is a shithead and has just been smoking and doing nothing, in that case he'll just be the same douchebag he was when you knew him