Need advice on weed/life?

Discussion in 'General' started by sk8er7890, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, haven't posted in forever so sorry if this is the wrong section.

So yesterday I was talking to one of my friends who's a little bit older than me (mid 20s and 18), and he told me something that I can't get out of my head. He's about to start a trucking job and has to quit smoking because of it (drug testing), and he basically told me "yeah, everyonbody has to grow up sooner or later."

This made me start thinking about my own marijuana use. I've been smoking regularly for about 2 and a half years now, since the summer practically everyday. I really enjoy a lot of aspects of it, the excitement you get when you're packing a bowl of some really good bud, the extremely hilarious times with friends, but it also seems to have a lot of negative effects too. I always regret spending so much on food and bud the day after I go out with my friends, it makes me feel really self consious when I'm in public stoned (although I'm trying to stop caring about what others think), and I can't help but feel really bummed when I'm sober a lot of the time. I feel like nothing I do really even matters, like there isn't a point to anything because we're all just gonna end up dead (the whole human race probably at one point or another). I think weed may be attributing to these feelings, but I can't say for sure. It makes me think back to before I started smoking, and how optimistic the world seemed. This may just be because back then I didn't have tough classes or work to worry about though, but I can't help but wonder if maybe weed is somehow sucking the quality out of life, like there are so many productive, character building things I could be doing with the time I'm stoned but I'm just doing the same old **** as always.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to get some other thoughts/opinoins on all of this. I think I'll be taking an indefinite break for a while. Even if it just ends up being a week or two at least my tolerance will be lower. Thanks again, any input is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 8ight, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015

Well, if you're just getting stoned all day eating chips and watching Rugrats, that's fucking awesome. But one day you may have to put that lifestyle aside for other priorities. I guess that's what he means? However, that doesn't necessarily mean you need to quit smoking marijuana, but you may have to change the way you use it. I have a good job and still smoke weed every day.  :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I make it a rule to only smoke at night when everything else is done. No work, no laundry, no cleaning, no worries. I take a couple of bowl hits and watch TV, read wikipedia or play games. Of course this means you can't mix weed with your social life. It works for me cause I'm a loner stoner. I hate being around others when I'm high. But if you can get into that sort of thing it's wonderful and liberating. Do whatever you want then go to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  4. When I smoke weed like a wine connoisseur enjoys good wine, it doesn't suck quality from my life, but rather it enhances it. However, when I go on a 24/7 smokethon until I'm broke, it most definitely has a negative influence on my ability to appreciate life and live it as if there was some sort of purpose involved. So I've been trying to not smoke like a fucking maniac. But some days I don't do as well as others. 

5. You can continue to smoke weed without it interfering with your life. I smoked all through high school and college, and yet I was an honors student. It's all about priorities. He has to quit for a while to start his job. Maybe the job won't test him anymore, once he's started. Maybe not. But he's putting his work before his leisure, which shows that he's mutured enough to see where he has to make sacrifices. You can't look at his statement in such black and white terms; that you have to give up weed to grow up. If you enjoy it, continue to enjoy it! Just don't let it rule your life :bongin: