Need advice on Sunshine mix 4 (yellow bag)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by hatch kid, Jan 16, 2016.

1. I ordered the sunshine mix #4 the yellow bag one. I accidentally ordered it thinking it was soil, so I'm trying to see if anyone has worked with it before and can offer some advice. I mixed it 70% sunshine mix
    20% perlite and 10% worm castings. Also I'm not sure what it is considered so I don't know what the ph so run at.

2. Hey man you're good... Soil is when your growing medium comes to life... And you started well with some worm castings... Now add no more than 30% nice compost to that mix and you have a nice soil to build with. Add some minerals and other amendments and you're on your way.

3. What kind of compost would you say would be good, I'm honestly new to all of these different soils. I started my last one with miracle grow.
    And thank you for replying this is why I love grass city.

4. Sooooo..... Depending on where you live, there are some reputable bagged organic compost co. In New England it's ez to find "coast of maines". If you have a farmer anywhere near you, just go ask them for some (bring a 5gal bucket with you).

Also you should decide if you want to build a soil up with everything it needs or use what you have made already and grab a bottle of fish emulsion fertilizer to start.

Let's get you growing mang!

5. "What kind of compost would you say would be good,"

For bagged compost the best that I've seen folks using is Oly Mountain Fish Compost in the PNW, "Bu's Blend Biodynamic" on the general west coast and Coast of Maine Lobster Compost in the Northeast.

If u do as suggested and add 30% compost to what you've already got going on you'll also want to add a few "nutritional amendments" such as Kelp Meal, Neem Cake, chicken manure pellets to the mix. Add some granite or basalt dust and you'll have a great soil that you should only need to keep moist with water and not even worry about pH again.

You'll also be able to
    Reuse it time and time again.

J