need advice on nirvana strains

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by leftover4ooz, Dec 27, 2012.

1. damn it seems like most nirvana seeds yeild well...gonna be a tough decision

2. here is a mother in her box under 2x 20watt cfls

[​IMG]

here she is ready to have a shit load of clones taken from her

[​IMG]

here is the poor girl after about 100 clones were taken

[​IMG]

this is her after about 2-3 weeks of growth. because of her huge root system it doesn't take her long to grow her foliage back

[​IMG]

here are a few clones. it's a very simple procedure, and takes about 5 days for roots to show like this. roots will double in length per day after this

[​IMG]

or if seeds are your thing you can get this many (50per bag) from a medium sized plant

[​IMG]

3. dude that mother looks fuckin healthy for 40 watts worth of cfl

4. yeah I have a really hard time believing that mother grew under those 40w... looks like there almost no light getting to the bottom two thirds of foliage

5. that mother plants intimidating space wise tho....i dont wanna get hung up on growing the same bud over and over....if i did 3 mothers i prolly wouldnt be able to veg the clones at all. how long do you veg yours before flipping into flower?

6. yea those bottom leaves look like shit but the middle looks real healthy too. idk how 40 watts can do that

7. after a few inches there can't be any light getting to the leaves. if I kept it like that much longer I'm sure many of the middle leaves would start to die off. keep in mind a couple of weeks before it was nowhere near as thick and bushy as that. also, the plant is one entity, the topmost leaves feed the whole plant.

there were many growing shoots in the middle that were quite shriveled and yellow from lack of light. I don't usually let the mother get so big in there, but I needed many clones for a guerilla grow so risked growing that thick. it wasn't ideal but it was ok

8. if you only want 20 clones a month you won't need a very big mother

people often get hung up on light, throwing more light at a plant won't help much unless you have everything else spot on. light isn't everything, or at least not as important as what so many people think it is. oxygen to the roots gets so overlooked by so many people, and that shit seriously can make a difference to plants

9. clearly youre not holding back when it coms to perlite :D

10. haha, it looks a lot more than it is. because the plant has been in that pot for so long every time it's watered the surface of the soil gets mixed up with water, the soil sinks and the perlite floats. then when it settles the perlite is left on the surface. it's probably about 1 part perlite with 2 parts west+ compost

11. hey jetski....any nirvana strains that would be good for keeping as mothers?

12. I had good results with both NL and WW from Nirvana. I have a detailed journal (link in sig) and have done full smoke reports for them as well (smoke report section) if you want to check them out. Cheers!

13. #33 marvajuana, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012

I just weighed the Chrystal...... 81 grams dry:D. Some good up type smoke too:smoking:
    I used 1k MH for vedge 1k hps for flower.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      379.5 KB
      Views:

14. their northers lights are not all that, their wonderwoman is complete garbage. See my smoke report here. http://forum.grasscity.com/smoke-re...omb-blue-mystic-lady-purple-wonder-woman.html

I have grown alot of nirvana strains, IMO their best is blue mystic, raspberry cough, Snow White and aroura indica. I have read very good things about their PPP but have not grown that out yet. I am a huge nirvana fan but very honest, do not waste your time on the wonder woman.

15. PHP:

I don't really find much difference in strains, I mean as far as growing them. smoking them can be very different but as far as the differences go when growing indoors its pretty minimal. I'm a big fan of nirvana, and most of the strains I have grown have been theirs. my favorite strains are AK47, skunk, crystal, bubblicous, haze and white rhino. but more for the taste and high than their growth habits. I have never had any problems with cloning any strain, although AK47 was probably the fastest rooter, sometimes showing roots at 3 days

16. yea i think ive changed my decision
    5 aurora indica
    5 blue mystic
    5 chrystal
    5 master kushl
    5 snow white

17. thanks dude.
    im gonna give a go with these 5 strains
    5 aurora indica
    5 blue mystic
    5 chrystal
    5 master kushl
    5 snow white

ill see what i like and on my 2nd round ill start to take clones and just veg the temporary mother for 2 months for an even better yeild.

thanks for the help with everything dude. much appreciated

18. haha not1 i took your word for it and looked for reviews...and people love this one.

u grow any others by nirvana? cuz im questioning master kush. thought about going to another seed company. looked up bareys farm but apparently there not as good as i thought

19. They are real good, just so expensive. I got Northern LightsxHaze for 150 dollars, a pack of 5 fem. If you want good quality for a good price Nirvana is the place to be. I was going to try the AK-48 because it flowers so quick. You can look around on attitude and they have some high end seeds. It depends on how much you want to spend. I got my x5 Snow and 10 free seeds on a weekend deal. Thats an outrageous good price. And it does make it to your door. I was only interested in SW, and AK47 at the time being. A fey you listed had some neg reviews of the google search.

20. #40 shaun386, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    I'd highly recommend both Aurora Indica and Blue Mystic. The BM is very neutral smelling, and the AI is a high yeilder, plus a quick finisher, it's also pretty compact if space is an issue.

Also, they are both pretty hardy plants, they will take a lot of abuse if you make soem rookie mistakes.