Need advice on my setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by robocopper, Sep 10, 2012.

1. #1 robocopper, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    I am going for a small grow. Right now I have about a 25L grow with 4 plants. I have a 400w hps light, a space heater, a little fan, a soil watering can, a spray bottle, some reflectors and some fulvic acid.

I am going to start a new one next week and I need advice on growing indoors. The current grow is extremely underwhelming and I'd say the 4 plants I have yield no more than 20 grams a piece. The plants stems are slightly purple indicating (what I'm guessing) to be temperature shock. For most of the grow I had a small cfl 100w so the plants were not getting enough light for most of it.

1. Anyways, for the next grow I want to know how important moderating temperatures is because I have to grow in my basement and it gets kind of cold. Are there specific products that help moderate temperatures in such a scenario?

2. I want to know if the depth of the grow container is important. Right now the container is quite deep, around 2 feet of soil. I have seen many grows using very shallow containers with several plants yielding quite a bit, is it better to get a shallower grow container?

3. I've seen this new earth grow product that is essentially a small electric current sent through the soil, growing indoors is it wise to get one/is it effective at all?