Need Advice on my build

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by CallMeJelly, Jul 3, 2012.

1. #1 CallMeJelly, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    Hey there GC, i recently had the chance to obtain some seeds(first time growing) they're some kind of medicinal sativa strain( i know they're probably sativa dominant because the person giving them to me gets them from their spouse's weed and they use them for chronic knee pain...anyways) i only plan on a few plants or whatever will fit comfortably in the space i have. Any suggestions for different equipment is extremely welcome and any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

-For a box i was looking at a simple wooden cabinet its measurements are 24Wx30Hx12D

-I'd like to use CFL lighting because it seems like the more common way i see on here and it seems to work im just not sure what kinds to use and how many so info on that would help. I also could use amechanism on how to lower/raise cfls

-For airflow/exhaust im looking at 3 or 4, 44cfm computer fans(are those too slow?)

-For smell security ill be making my own PVC carbon filter

-I'll be using mylar paint on the inside(any better alternatives?if not what type of mylar should i use as in 1", 3" etc.?)

-I really dont know what soil mix i should use or what food would be the best because there are so many different opinions but i know it needs to be sterilized and the water needs to be diluted

thanks GC, sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum i just thought this might belong here