Need Advice on keeping a mother plant and how to keep her happy for a year or so

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by morebang4urbuck, Oct 5, 2012.

1. :D What should I do to this mama:
    Flower it, hack the hell out of it, or what.. I dont know? She is three months in and sitting in a 5 gallon pot of sunshine number 4 mix. Grow Ferts and amino aide at 1/4 strenth every other watering. I have a 400 watt switchable ballast I can use to finish her if shes already too big. I really want to flower her in the end so should I just do it now and take a new mama from her before I do?

Please let me know as I have no clue with a mother this size I could also put her outside the 5 ft by 5 ft main light from a 1000 watt but only if shell give me better bud then a devoted 400 watt because of the side lighting the 1000 watt would provide.:D

Attached Files:

2. I would first flower a clone off her and if she's that great keep her, You can deff trim her up and take a ton of clones or just toss them or donate them to friends. But she looks really healthy. But then on the other hand if you wanted to get another mother in that space you can always take a new mother and then do a bonzi Mom where you also trim the roots and keep her half that size so you can have two strains going.

3. You have very healthy and bushy mama there. You could take clones of her and flower her. Brcause of her size you will get a good yield. By the time she's flowered, the clones can be the new mamas. I do this so the plants to be flowered have fat stems and good roots to support big buds.