Need Advice On HID Lighting

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ssd, Apr 1, 2009.

1. I just built a 10x10 room that is a 7ft high A-Frame (attic room) and I was wondering what wattage MH and HPS lighting I should use. I have a 400W system right now in a smaller box but it doesn't seem enough for a 10x10 A-Frame room. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

2. #2 abnormldood, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
    That's some big space to cover. Would probably need to install 2 1kw lights, probably even a light rail, to best use that space if my calculations are correct, but I'm pretty baked right now. You should probably split that up into different sections unless you have the budget to cover a professional lighting/ventilation/CO2 setup. If money is no option, then you're golden. If you could get some pics and give more info on what you plan on doing with this space(setup, grow style, etc), we could further help you.

3. Yeah sorry. I guess I should've been more specific.

I won't be using the entire space. I'll probably just have 5 to 7 females at a time. I just wanted the extra space so I wouldn't be so crowded when checking in on the little ladies. It will have a 6" intake vent and a 6" filter and fan outake. I'm thinking just one 1k MH/HPS setup will be okay for that?