Need Advice on Harvesting Time

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by smoke4life7, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Aight guys, im nearing the end of my first grow and i have two beautiful females. one is about four feet tall and the other just above 2 feet. The larger plant has taken over the grow area since i removed the males and for the most part all of the bud is growing from this one plant. I started my grow from some Mids seeds, but im growing in a bubbleponics system. My question is, ive had them flowering for 10 weeks now under 170 watt CFL's and im not sure when they will be finished. I have tested a few buds (dried them in a air dryer i made myself) and i get somewhat high, but nothing near where i should be. Ive got a jewelers loupe coming in a male soon so i can get a good look at the triches, but i figured after ten weeks of flowering i would at least get a good mids high. is it simply going to take longer because of my weak lighting system or does anyone else out there have some better insight for me. Im trying to be patient, but i just dont want to let them go too long and end up with alot of useless bud.

2. Why not simply pull off a bud, quick dry and give it a whirl in the pipe? If ya just can't wait - think 'sample!' rather than 'chop!'....sample...sample

Then when the loop comes in, you're already puffin on her while ya use the loop to examine the trichs.

3. Your fast drying and minimal cure time could have some negative effects on the potency of the bud as well.

Patience is key. It is worth your wait.

4. This is a fairly good explanation of what happened. They could very well be ripe now, though I'd still wait to check the trichs. The curing process is when the starches and sugars are then turned into flavor and potency. After you dry it and stick it in jars for a couple of weeks, the bud will have a much better quality.