need advice on grow room design for scrog

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by imskitzo87, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ok so im trying to do a 13 to 15 plant scrog with 3 rows of 5 all on 1.75sq ft screen all with individual screen's. Just because im starting from seed and i dont want to get a male all tangled in the cage and have to remove it so im playin it safe. but anyways i was planning on running a 1000 watt on a light track and then add another 600 watt light and i was thinking of getting another 600 all together it would be around a 6'x10' space. Or is that a two big of a screen space because i read that you really only need 1ft x 1ft screen for each plant but i really want some massive plants that i plan on vegging for 2 months so i can get a few lbs to make it worth my while i hopw to get some real help on this for wich i can not decide how to set this up oh p.s the strains are pure kush from greenhouse seeds and chemdog....... anyone with some advice would be helpful and go right ahead and jack this thread.....

2. i hope things work out for ya man.. good luck

3. ummmmm...... so no advice:rolleyes:?

4. my set up is out side...

5. ohhh lol i wanted to start anout door crop but i would of started to late but next year it's on

6. how did you get that pic of obama on ur reply every time

7. go to signature options and add what ever pic or quote you would like

8. good shit thanks

9. #9 Beohbe, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    2200w for a 60 sq ft area seems a bit underpowered. That's less than 40w per sq ft, I usually shoot for at least 50w per. A light mover would definitely help.
    I usually do a 4x4 area per 1000w, with no light movers. My setup is 2 1000w over either a 3x6 or 4x8 drain table, with a 5x9 trellis over the table. We make our trellis frame out of 1/2" conduit and 2" bolts, then make a grid with string and self tapping screws. We put screws every 4 inches and wind the string around em before tightening them the whole way down. We also add a 4' cross member to keep the frame from pullin in when we tighten the string/screws. Works good, but there's better ways i'm sure. Mine cost about 20 bucks to make, maybe less. Conduit, screws and string are all pretty cheap.
    Cheers!

Edit: 5' cross member, not 4'. Heh, I said member...

10. hey, can't reply to your pm for some reason. Probably a minimum post count needed? Might just be my phone, I dunno. Just gonna answer it here.
    Since you wanna do just the one 600w and the 1000w, and since ya have the light mover already, and since you want to do individual screens... here's what I would do to get the 12 plants you stated in the pm:
    Do a 4'x8.5' area with 600w on one end covering a 4'x3' area. Then put the 1000w on an 18" track covering the other 5.5' area. Make the screens 24"x18", 2 rows of 6, making 12 total in a 4x9 area. Just my .02, though. Good luck!

11. yeah cool thanks i got the other pm yesterday but i appreciate all the help you answered all my q's and some you and ill definantly keep you in mind and feel free to see how im doin with my grow journal