Need advice on feeding schedule...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Gardengineer, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Alright everyone, I just bought some nutes and never used any of these types before... I am needing some advice in how to use them in conjunction with eachother.

I have...

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Soil
    Botanicare Liquid Karma
    Botanicare Cal-Mag
    Botanicare Silica Blast
    Europonic Fossil Fuel
    General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus
    SuperThrive

I have 2 batches going right now, 2 plants that are 17 into flower and showing yellowing older leaves, nothing super major though. And 1 batch that is about 2.5 weeks old. Another seedling batch is in the making.

Soil growing in FFOF/FFLW mix. Watering about every 3rd day.

2. Pictures and more info would help. Older yellowing leaves could be as simple as Nitrogen deficiency. That is a lot of different nutes, I use relatively little stuff. Instead I concentrate on the soil and letting the micro-organisms break down stuff to make it available to the plants.

I go with straight aerated water, then the next time use bat guano and blackstrap molasses in the water, and then a fish enzyme and kelp mixture. A rotation of these three is all I do. The plants are loving it, but the most important part is the original organic soil.

Find yourself a good mix or make your own and inoculate it with an aerated tea. Look at the stickies in this section for both the soil mix and the aerated tea.

3. #3 Gardengineer, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    Well, what I am thinking is...

1/2 dose of Pro Bloom 1-4-5
    1/2 dose of Fossil Fuel 2-0-0
    1/2 dose of Floralicious 2-.8-.02
    3 drops of Superthrive

per gallon together

The next watering going with...

1/2 dose Cal-Mag 2-0-0
    1/2 dose Liquid Karma .1-.1-.5
    1/2 dose Silica Blast

per gallon together...

Then straight water, or water with a few drops of Superthrive.

4. I would start with 1/4 strength for the first couple feedings and see how the girls react. You are probably safe if they are all organic, but 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 1.5 and most people like to go with less than what is on the bottle the first time just in case it burns them.

I like the alternating schedule. Are you going to use that as a rotation feeding?

5. I already gave them all a shot of each of those... what I plan on doing is...

Feeding 1

1/2 dose of Pro Bloom 1-4-5
    1/2 dose of Fossil Fuel 2-0-0
    1/2 dose of Floralicious 2-.8-.02
    3 drops of Superthrive

Feeding 2

1/2 dose Cal-Mag 2-0-0
    1/2 dose Liquid Karma .1-.1-.5
    1/2 dose Silica Blast
    3 drops Superthrive

Feeding 3
    Water
    3 Drops Superthrive

Then start over again... I've done 1 and 2 already and my flowering girls seems to like it... a very mild burn on the very tip of a few leaves on one plant, so might cut feeding 1 back a little on the Pro Bloom or Floraliscious.

6. You will have it dialed in shortly and then there is no stopping you.

7. are you using a ec meter ? plus i belive your in soil? in soil you may need to do like a feed water water feed water water feed cycle because all them nutes are binding to the soil (cation exchange )and are still aviable for some time. ive used nutes to often before and it really laves an nasty flavor, plus your soil is prob loaded with nutes of a sort.

8. to adjust your ph do you flush with desired ph'd water until run off us to that ph ? i hate dirt myself , takes to long to grow.

9. To be totally honest, I don't adjust my PH, I do have some PH Down but haven't used it... the PH problem I had mainly was the mix I started the seeds in... I actually think when I watered them I flushed them a little too much also. Once they went into the FFOF/FFLW mix they straightened out and picked up the pace.

I am a beginner to growing, but have a decent understanding of how things work... you can actually start the 12/12 cycle right from seed, obviously you won't get as large of a plant/yield, but it shortens grow time, but that can be done hydro/aero/soil anyways. One of the main reasons I am going with soil is because, it was easier and cheaper for me to get started, and the PH stuff is a little more forgiving if you have a problem. And, another main reason I like soil growing is because I like the deep earthy taste you get from good dank... not the nasty nute taste, but the good natural earthy taste.

10. #10 citizendildo, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009

does distilled water drain nutrients from soil?

11. i use pure blend pro (per lucas) at 15 ml bloom 5 ml cal/mag plus(because i use ro water) nothing else