Need advice on design, have what I want to do in place

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Tommatt, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Ok so I've never done anything of this scale in terms of building. I have a whole bedroom to use and a large budget. I'm going to set up a "tent" by walling it off at probably 9"9 or so, and using just under 8x8 for the plants. I'll also have a just over 2X8' closet to veg/clone/keep a mom in.

The plan is 12 plants mature, with 3 being ready to harvest every 4 weeks. I'll have 4 rows of 3 at 12 weeks, 9 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 weeks, 3 plants ready to go from veg. Each row will be a bubble bucket with a 2X2 modular scrog, hooked up to it's own DWC reservoir outside the room. Each row will have it's own hood above it.

The only downside in this configuration is no way I can easily do a dark period before harvest. Besides that I believe this could produce a lb or more a month (using a 80% sativa, managed over 4 oz dry under cfl's from my first plant with this strain and it went though hell)

I was Planning on putting a 600W HPS over each row, or possibly doing 4 in a square. It's in an upstairs bedroom so I can vent to attic

So how do I design/ build this? How big of a fan will I need and can I connect all the lights to the same fan/vent? It gets hot out here, thinking of one running 2 ac's in the room and a swamp outside. Should I use an intake fan or passive intake? I plan on lights on at night due to temps and electric bill, how much should I drop at it's night time? Remind you it's going to get hot here and I'd like to keep the electric bill down. I plan on running 2 homemade co2 generators via 2-3 gallon containers and a diy recipe I saw here.

Electric. Am I going to need to run a 240 line for my lights/should I?

Help?

I know I'm asking a lot, I just need help putting it all together and figurin out what to buy

2. Asking too much here? Need more info?

3. You probably wont need that many plants, your 2x2 screen can easily be filled with one or two tops. A 600 above each 2x2 will be fine. With this much light you definitely will need air-cooled hoods and an inline fan just for hoods(yes hook them all together), another fan attached to charcoal filter if need be. Passive intake and put your AC in the space outside your room or if you can draw air from under your house this will help with temp/reduce need for AC. I would run at least a 20amp circuit for your grow, directly into a "Little Gray Box" water heater timer and wire your outlets from that(240 for your lights,120 everything else). Everything in your flower room will be locked together no worries. Also I would suggest investing in a CO2 tank and regulator really can't beat em. Plus you'll be able to run your temps hotter and actually use the light they are receiving Good luck Peace...

4. Thanks for the input. I'm doing this many plants as it will be my limit and am trying to get as much yield possible off 12 mature 24 plant total limits. So 6 clones or so (picking the best 3 to rotate in) and a couple of mom to keep in case the co op needs clone donations also. So it'll be 12 2X2's (probably about 1.5X1.5 screens actually) under a light. I'm going to spring for better hoods/lights/and have lumatek ballasts outside. I'm thinking 5 600w's might be best in a
    !---!
    !---!
    !---!

Type arrangement, but then I have no way of doing a dark cycle. If
    I do one per row I can make it possible to screen a row.

Also it ups power requirements, although I want to run a 220 line. And it can get 110 during the day here in summer.

So maybe the actual co2 canister and minutes would be ideal.

Still need to get an idea of a fan for this set up, and I think I'll go with a commercial filter for this grow.

5. i noticed that you are rather concern about ensuring that you have a dark cycle before harvest or something...you also have mentioned that you will be doing rows of plants in flowering at different production week intervals....what i would do is work out a "tarp" system for your final flowering week section of your space. could be done as simple as a couple 2x4s and a couple black, clean tarps and clamps, it would make holes in the ceiling.

6. make sure your light/ballasts wont trip your breaker if all running at the same time. A problem that could be overlooked. from what i read(i could be wrong) average breaker trips at like 15 ohms. hope im giving you correct info. double check to be sure.