Need advice on choosing a growbox

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by qrw32, Sep 21, 2006.

1. I'm getting ready to start growing my first plant and I've found 2 different grow boxes at thegrowbox.com that fit my budget. I was hoping someone with experience growing could check them out online and let me know which one, if any, will work. One is called The GrowBox Candeo HPS, it comes with a 150w HPS lamp and bulb, among other accessories. It seems like it has almost everything you need, but I have 2 questions: Is it big enough to grow 1 plant for personal use (38"H x 10"L x 10"W)? And will the 150w HPS be okay to use through the whole process, seed to bud, or will it be too hot at first (it has an exhaust fan at the top to remove heat)? I know its a small box, but I've read that you only need 3 ft. in height and 1 ft sq. to grow just 1 plant, so it's only 2" short, length and width. The other model is called The GrowBox Athena, it comes with a 42w CFL as well as the 150w HPS that can be used separately for different stages, or together. Its also bigger (52"H x 12"L x 12"W) and has all the accessories of the Candeo. Are either of these acceptable for growing 1 plant? I would prefer the Candeo because of its size and cost, but I want to make sure the one I get will work before I drop $300-$400 on it. Again, the site is called thegrowbox.com , just follow the links on the left side of the homepage to the models I listed. Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

qrw32