Need advice on cfl set up

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by paulshark, Jan 14, 2012.

1. i am setting up a grow box with cfl's i have a 250 watts main but i need advice on lower watt lights for the sides all the connections and wattages confuse me plus i live in uk and its harder to get this stuff we dont have a home depot

2. Just make sure you get 5000K and 5500K (kelvin light rating) bulbs - these are closest to daylight. The lower kelvin lights have more red in them and less blue usually. If you can get higher kelvin lights those might be good too but I haven't found any standard type CFLs in higher K ratings. I am supplementing with 4 prong CFLs that are 10000K and actinic 03 blue 420nm to supplement extra blue spectrums during veg. That 250w is going to be doing most of the heavy lifting tho :) I'm going for 130w 10000k,130w 430nm blue, and 128w daylight 5500k standard CFLs. This will be the first time I've gone cfl past seedling stage though so maybe someone else with more practical experience will have some more advice for you.

3. u dont have a home depot? well start one and get rich forget growing mj lol

try 1000bulbs.com they should ship to the uk look for 23w bulbs not too small but not too big either lots of them will cover a large area i think the most efficient is the 55w
    5000k to 6500k is ideal for veg 2700k for flower if u use 5000k for flower the buds will not be as thick

4. thanks for the input guys its appreciated and no we have stores like BnQ and Homebase hey do cfl's but just your standard house ones which are only usualy 1000 lumins

5. i think im just going to go with a 2 x 250 watt cfl's from the hydro store will be more expensive buying 2 bulbs for veg and 2 for flower as there £20 each but it saves messing about with lots of little bulbs