Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need advice on a panic or anxiety trip

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MiddleAgedGman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Long time smoker/vaper. About 10 years. Vaping 3 to 4 Volcano bags daily. Had a bad trip in March off a vaporizer. Weed was strong potent. I got super high way too quick. Body tingling. Heart racing. Panic attack or anxiety? I pretty much quit cold turkey except for two small vape hits in April. Starting working out and lost 50 lbs. Since then I had some weird anxiety stuff that starts in my stomach and muscle twitching.

I went to the doctor to get checked out since then. They say its just anxiety but they are of no help really. One doc said it could be IBS. Everything has been coming back fine except I was low on Vitamin D. I still have the muscle twitching and the stomach feeling has almost disappeared. I have been taking Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Omega 3 supplements.

My question is I want to blaze again. It was beneficial to my bad back, etc. I am just not sure what I should do to approach it after a 7 month T-Break. Plus, I have no idea if I will have the same kind of bad trip again.

Any advice?

2. A lot of anxiety while smoking occurs from the atmosphere, place/people you're blazing with, and what you do while you're blazing. Personally I would just start out smoking small amounts until you're at a comfortable level and then make sure you're doing something afterwards. One of my good buddies started having anxiety problems while toking and we found that playing xbox really helped to keep his mind off of it and calm him down, so I would definitely recommend something like that.

3. Sounds like you answered your own question if you quit for seven months. I would just stay off weed if you are getting panic and anxiety from it. If it was helping I would say smoke! Sounds like you are just going to get into the same rut. Seven month is more than a t break in my opinion. Good luck man

4. 3-4 bags a day is a lot. A smaller dose wouldn't hurt.

5. I had the worst craziest high yesterday.AFter taking a 1 week break i smoked so much my head was spinning unctrollably and everyhting seemed to shift in waves. Plus i was in the dark and i was looking at this book called Inferno i was reading started od freaking out for some reason then just went to sleep cuz i coulkdnt handle it lol....btw idk why im sahring this here but

6. Little puffs not clouds.

7. Smoke am indica dominant strain i fknd that sativas are a bit more anxiety inducing. Indicas tend to have a higher percentage of cbd and cbd has shown to reduce anxiety. Thc can make you more anxious and when you vape at low temps you get more thc than cbd since cbd vaporizes at a higher temp. I suggest you try smokin or if you prefer vapin try vapin at a higher temperature and try sticking to indicas. If you have acces to a medical marijuana dispensary ask for strains that help with anxiety.

8. you seem like an anxious person in general. panic attacks are really common man. theres no need to visit a doctor for it...

and youve experienced one of the common causes too: getting high too quick. you gotta pace yourself slowly sometimes man. ive had a couple panic attacks that made me not wanna smoke and then i realized it's all about having a good time and relaxing. when rush to get high (maybe not on purpose) you're just feeling really physically uncomfortable for the moment

9. ;);)

I agree with this.. Rather than xbox you could use anything that could help manage the anxiety like listening to music or talking to a friend.. Good luck :)

10. [quote name='"MiddleAgedGman"']Long time smoker/vaper. About 10 years. Vaping 3 to 4 Volcano bags daily. Had a bad trip in March off a vaporizer. Weed was strong potent. I got super high way too quick. Body tingling. Heart racing. Panic attack or anxiety? I pretty much quit cold turkey except for two small vape hits in April. Starting working out and lost 50 lbs. Since then I had some weird anxiety stuff that starts in my stomach and muscle twitching.

I went to the doctor to get checked out since then. They say its just anxiety but they are of no help really. One doc said it could be IBS. Everything has been coming back fine except I was low on Vitamin D. I still have the muscle twitching and the stomach feeling has almost disappeared. I have been taking Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Omega 3 supplements.

My question is I want to blaze again. It was beneficial to my bad back, etc. I am just not sure what I should do to approach it after a 7 month T-Break. Plus, I have no idea if I will have the same kind of bad trip again.

Any advice?[/quote]

First off, you were not tripping. You were just really high. I smoke Mary for my ibs issues and is sometimes the only thing that gets me out of the bathroom. If you do start smoking again, take it slow. One hit at a time

11. Worst trip EVER last night (and think I'm still feeling it)

Smoked half a bowl (on an empty stomach), girlfriend came home, had some adult fun, smoked the other half of the bowl. Had some dinner and we were about to watch a movie.

At this point I was comfortably high, probably could have ridden it through the movie, but decided to get wrecked and have a blast with some good munches, company and flick - so I smoked another bowl (Hempstar). Ate a couple pieces of pizza, drank a can of coke and then my left arm starts to tingle/go numb. Girlfriend asks if my chest hurts. I ultimately decide I can't tell if there is pain, but my arm and that comment leads me to freak out.

I move to the living room and just try to talk myself down but am convinced I am about to die from a heart attack. About an hour later I decide not to go to the hospital but instead go to bed and fall asleep. The level of fear was off the charts, thought I would pass out, vomit and die. Can't even find words to explain how horrible it was.

Cut to this morning: still have the tingling arm, and still experiencing anxiety - though not nearly as bad.

Is this just still coming down? Is there anything to worry about? how long might this last? At what point do I know this isn't the weed and there is more of a problem? Also keep in mind I am 6"5, 320pds - so not the best of shape...

12. Definitely take it slow after such a long break. Tell yourself you'll be fine and you will. The only thing that's going to cause a panic attack is you being scared of a panic attack.

13. Definitely a blood circulation thing. Did it feel like your arm was asleep? If so that means it wasn't getting enough blood. I don't think it has to do with the bud at all. It was probably just coincidence that it happened while you were high. Either way, if it happens again, i'd see a doc.

14. Mellow environment. Make sure it's a stress free. No excess grass, start small and work your way up if necessary. Put on a good movie to distract you and draw you in from thinking about anything else or some mellow music that relaxes you. I don't have anxiety at all unless I'm driving in some place like Seattle on a Friday during rush hour. Figure this will help though since it seems to help with my woman who has horrible anxiety. Just remember, moderation. Don't over think. Relax and remember that you're in a safe place and if you experience anything, that it is your mind manipulating your body. Your mind LOVES to play tricks on you and not many people realize how powerful the brain really is. It is capable of making people experience signs of many horrible illnesses if someone is aware of such effects an illness has on the human body. Be safe, report back and message me if I can be of any help to you. I will be on here fairly regularly and I love to help people. Blaze in moderation and most of all, HAVE FUN. ENJOY!

15. I hear you man. I was coming off planting some grass seed in the yard. I had low blood sugar. Decided to vape before a grill out and everything went wrong.

16. It's the only thing that helped my back and neck pain tho.

17. True. I used to smoke it which I think burns off some THC. I got a vape and I think my tolerance level went higher so it was easy to overdue it. I would fill a bag and didn't want to waste it. I never thought you could overdue it. I was wrong obviously.

18. No access. I live in the South. I wish I had a medical place to go to. I have no idea what is what down here. It is just either good stuff or bad. The stuff that did this was super strong smelling.

19. You may be right about getting high too quick. It may be the highest I have ever been. My blood sugar felt really low and I think that is what caused it. I was working in the yard and didn't eat all day. I am having some stomach issues now along with muscle twitching. Pretty chilled out though. I am prescribed xanax since the incident. I don't take them though.