Need advice on a girl

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by spawn44, Apr 14, 2012.

1. I just need advice on a current issue with a girl and have asked friends (which hasn't really helped) so I thought here would be a good place.

First off let me tell you what has happened so far. Basically, we both live on the same res floor, and she's known I've liked her for quite some time. Recently, 2 weeks ago, we talked about it and she said she likes me too, great right! Well we hung out for a couple of days after that and things were going great (shes shy, but we held hands, hugged and kissed).

She went back early for Easter weekend, she was gone about 6 days, and we left out on a good note (we french kissed, haha) but it was a big step. But since she's been back, we have hung out, held hands and kinda kissed once but it seems she's holding back and not being as affectionate. I want to talk to her about it, but don't know how to bring it up (maybe when we're drunk). Before she would "show me signs" as in when she wanted to be held etc.. but maybe it's because we haven't hung out that much? or am I reading wrong? It could be that there is only about 2 weeks left in res and she's afraid of doing anything? (we have the same group of friends, and I'll see her next year). Any advice?

2. if you truly care, don't do it while drunk, maybe over a drink..but not drunk..also, don't hype of the conversation or make too big of an issue out of it before/when you talk with her, make it as casual as possible, almost mention it in passing and see how she reacts, you can either enquire more or less depending upon her response--it also gives you time to think, rather than rushing head first and causing a situation that neither of you are really prepared for. this way you can give her time and space to think about your concern but still bring it to her attention. it's much easier to ask again more directly than it is to try and undo damage caused by being too aggressive or direct...almost something like "hey something on your mind? you seem a bit more distant than before..maybe we can talk bout it if you want." it shows you care and are concerned but aren't pushy...my 2c...good luck

3. Don't be afraid to show affection. If you feel like holding her or her hand just do it. If you want to kiss her, go for it. Like you said, she's shy. She's probably too shy to show affection. Maybe if you show some initiative she'll open up to you.

4. Thanks that seems like a great way to bring it up! I wish I would of read that before we went on a walk today haha.

@imyourcat I've tried being more affectionate, but at the same time I want her to show that she wants it. But you are right, and she's told me she doesn't like doing it when we're around friends, makes her feel uncomfortable. At the same time I do want to, and should go for it more.

5. She fucked another guy that easter weekend.

6. Thanks for the vote of confidence, hopefully she didn't and there's no way to know but I doubt it lol.

7. Its the only explanation of why she came back, And now she's holding back her feelings because she feels guilty

8. indeed, i am with him. and it was probably her brother too.

9. [quote name='"Hyp"']indeed, i am with him. and it was probably her brother too.[/quote]

That might be a bit far

10. [quote name='"Sw33tdwill"']She fucked another guy that easter weekend.[/quote]

No, she fucked me that weekend. I turned that skanky bitch out.