Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need advice on 5 panel hair drug test

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by vegasgirl13, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Hi everybody!

I need advice...please help with your experience/opinions :) 

I stopped smoking pot in mid-July because I wanted to apply for a better job. I did not smoke at all between mid-July to now. I paid $ to take a 5 panel hair test on my own in mid-November just to make sure the results were pot-free and was so happy when the results came back negative!

So then I applied for the job I really wanted and after several interviews, I got it! All I had to do was pass the 5 panel hair drug test. Since I passed the one I paid for back in November, I was really not worried about it and felt stress-free. Thought I had the job in the bag.

But then I got a call from the doctor today who said I tested positive for THC!! :( I am so confused because I haven't smoked at all since mid-July and the test I paid for said I was all good. 

Is there any way this can be true? I asked the company I want to work for if they can do a retest and they said they can send the same hair sample to another one of their labs but I will have to pay for it. I really can't afford to pay for anything extra right now but I am going to do it because I just feel so confident that I should have passed!

What could have happened here?!

2. #2 BrendanTen, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    Hair test can correct me if im wrong but can test posituve months after use where urine test average 7 days

3. pretty sure if your hair was long and they took it, they could see that far back (into july)... Gotta have at least 3 months off, then shave the head. Unless i'm wrong, you can't just wash that shit out of your hair, it stays in the hair, until it is cut at that certain level.

4. Bro go to your local head shop and get the detox shampoo next time... Shit works. My sisters have both used it and passed hair testsm didn't even quit. They aren't a bowl a week either they smoke a quarter a week easy. Ones heavy set ones skinny so metabolism isn't a factor either. Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hey I used to drug test for a living and here's what happened, you haven't smoked since July and you were given a hair follicle test which goes back up to a year the company I'm sure sent u to a lab and that lab sent the hair off to another lab to be tested I could be wrong but we could only do on site urine testing not hair, the crazy thing is you can do coke and it's out of your system in fourty eight hours, you can be an abusive alcoholic and pass a piss and breathe test in twenty four hours. Welcome to America. It really just kinda sucks, oh and barbituates and opiates you're usually good after three days but I recommend a week if you're expecting a drug test urine analysis but hair follicle you're fucked with whatever you've taken.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Grasscity Forum mobile app