Need advice my grandmother was almost a victim of a home invasion today.

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 472633, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Man that sucks she won't even let you put a sign up like this? Man, your situation sucks! She needs to get with the program dude and she needs to do something or you need to just get a gun like you were saying and don't let her know about it until later. That is probably your best choice. Maybe, try to educate her on how to use a gun or about how safe a firearm can be if handled properly. But..........I know grandmas LOL they are pretty stubborn. You will just have to keep a gun there and not let her know about it.

2. #22 dankness420, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    If I were in your situation I would stroll down to the local police station and have a chat. Know what your rights are and go from there. If someone tried that on on my grandma....oh man...not getting banned today.

Edit: pepper spray and tasers are cheap but could do more harm then good...ei. guy takes taser and uses it against her.

definitely call the police

3. It's a grandma. She gunna go buy herself a gun.. Travel to the range and practice shooting and self defense? Or we just gunna give granny a gun and tell her good luck? Huh guys?

Jesus. Just buy her an ADT sign off the internet. Pluck it in her garden and tell the police about the attempted home invasion they'll patrol whether your grandma wants it or not. She can't tell them not to drive around her neighborhood.

Good to have the dog.

Tell your g-ma to leave the lights on downstairs when she goes to sleep. My grandma got one of those life link button things but it's actually a security button. So when she presses the button it calls the PoPo. Idk. Telling your grandma to buy a gun seems extreme. The women's made it 71 years. She knows what she's doing. Hence the dog. Locked doors and not allowing the strange man inside.

4. Elderly are at a high risk of a repeat home invasion. Once a crook finds an easy target they will wait till the heat goes down and hit the house again.

5. Put sweetie in the house and get a pit bull, they are loyal and will protect their property.
    The false rep they have scares 9 out of 10 people so they wont even try.

6. Get granny a shotgun

.. cause I kno if I ever saw an old lady brandishing a shotty, id shit my pants

7. Get her one of these

[​IMG]

8. #28 roorforcrumble, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    You buy a gun and since there are no kids you do something like this, in the name of self defense.Then tell granny to tell that motherfucker "I will make you a new asshole in your back bitch, try me".

We do not allow pics of firearms,
    please read the rules..
    thanks Yoda

9. You need to file a report. It may make her mad but atleast she will be somewhat safer. Also go ask your other neighbors if anything similar happened.

10. I don't like the idea of hiding a gun in your desk that you could let her know about later, because by your own admission she hates guns and likely doesn't know how to use them properly. She'd probably forget to disengage the safety and the dude would take it away from her.

I'd definitely let the cops know, and maybe get her a window alarm or something. I know you said neither of you have much money to spend on a fancy security system but you can get some cheap gear that should help.

11. damn that's actually a good point.

12. Here ya go! Very good advice! I didn't think of the neighbors before...and have you filed a report yet???
    Yea, now that I think about it the gun thing might not be good. Would be good if you are home to have the gun not when she is home alone. Someone said to use window alarms...good idea. They are just a loud buzzer that goes off if the window is opened. You buy one for each window, not sure how much they are.

13. im not attempting to encourage violance. this is diffrent. set a trap. intice the guy to come in. and proceed to beat the living shit out of him. kick him to the street. let the community know not to fuck with your family. set an example with the guy

14. Ummmm...it seems to me you are encouraging violence LOL I don't think his grandma would go for this, and how would they do that anyway when the grandma is home alone? What is your idea on how to trap the guy when she is home alone?...I want to know

15. As fucked up as it is, setting traps on your property is a good way to get yourself sued. Someone gets hurt on your property, even if they are breaking and entering, can land you in some trouble without a good lawyer. While I wouldn't let your guard down, the dog probably deterred him. People like to case and probe potential places.. and if there was a big ass dog that they become aware of, they'll probably just move on and look for a place without a dog. I'd say go get a fake alarm system sign and a few "BEWARE OF DOG" signs and put them up. Could of just been a coincidence, but my neighbor had a sign up and their dog died.. they left the sign up for months after and when they did finally take it down, like 2 weeks later someone got in their backyard and stole lawn shit.

16. i dont know, i guess everyones opinion of violence is diffrent. for me violence is a normal part of life. you see it everywhere. however, random, undeserved violance is wrong.
    once you are a victim of violance,having the shit beat out of you for no reason, having guns put to the side of your head for $20, you will see things diffrent
    but if you do something to someone that is wrong, whaever it is, you deserve whatever is coming for you.
    my understanding is that the guy is going to do something himself, not leave his grandma alone to do the work herself...............
    if the intruder is stupid enough to go inside the ladies home, then the guy dosnt even have to do anything, just wait for the guy to show up. as far as laying the trap, let the imgination do all the work

17. She needs 2 things:

#1: A pistol

#2: A dog