NEED ADVICE: Mildew and Spider Mites! :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by vince4750, Jan 14, 2011.

1. a few days ago i noticed some mildew on my clones, so after doing research, i purchased a sulphur burner but just as i was about to use it, i noticed spider mites! sh*t! so i've dunked my babies into floramite BUT now what do i do about the mold?

i know i'm not supposed to use sulphur while using floramite, BUT WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

i'm so worried about my babies since this is my 1st time with this sort of problem.

i'm growing hydro. please help.

2. Why not the sulfur with the Floramite?

I have both, but have never heard this. Then again, I've never had both mites and mold at the same time to where I would check into it.

Curious.

Wet

3. There are a lot of other treatments for mildew besides the sulfur. Some you will probably find right in your own kitchen. Having never had mildew, I can't vouch firsthand on effectiveness, but you are hardly at a loss. All of these are said to control mildew-vinegar, cinnamon oil, clove oil, compost/compost tea,garlic, milk, sesame oil, coriander oil, hydrogen peroxide, neem oil, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, copper, ph up. Right now I have a half dozen of these on hand. Personally, I'd take a soft cloth or sponge, wet it with one of the above liquids, and wipe all my plants down, repeating as necessary. If mildew is a problem for you, several of the above can be used on a regular, ongoing basis for prevention- compost/tea, ,milk, neem, sesame and fish oils, sodium/ potassium bicarbonate. There are also species of beneficial bacteria and fungi that serve the purpose also. Best of Luck!