Need advice guys where to go from here

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by magnier7, Sep 8, 2013.

1. hey guys just thought id post this to see what other people think.

its a long read but could be interesting, just about my life what to do now feel free to read no fl;dr

So im a 21 year old guy.
    recently just moved back to where i grew up and spent my childhood. About 3 year ago after i finished my exams my family moved and opened up a pub/bar. this was grand all my relatives were locals so i fit in fine.
    anyways 3 years later were all fed up of the pub so decide to move home again forget the pub but this is where i get thinking.
    while in the pub I dropped out of college didnt really like the course so started working full time getting a pretty good wage i must say. But the problem is my love of weed got the better of me and i spent the majority of my money on it. Thats all well and good when i could afford it but now i cant.
    feeling pretty pissed off lately after 4 years off smoking everyday more or less and now im at a crossroads in my life.
    I look back and think yeah i enjoyed the last few years but now after working so hard working weekends and never having a weekend off in 3 years and working more or less seven days a week i have nothing to show for it. as much as i blame weed its not down to that its my poor lifestyle that left it spiral to new levels.

Back to now, before i moved i had plans i said fuck all this shit i wanna get into dogs, being a trainer that could teach and train dogs like the police force dogs, sniffer dogs, personal protection dogs all that i no its a pipe dream but something to look forward to.
    after realising that with no job no money comin in and things gettin worse i said this will never work so im thinkin will i give up the fags etc change my lifestyle and get back into health and fitness which used to be my life once upon a time.

so really what im sayin is my life is shit boring and all my own fault for not having boundaries and save money all that shit. as of now im broke back living with the family, no qualifications no nothing and 3 years of my life wasted. so do i pursue my pipe dream seeing as my life has revolved around dogs as far as i can remember but then i say think realistic go get qualified and become a health and fitness coach or somethin personal trainer maybe.

what would you guys do, get qualified and see what happens or pursue this mad idea which is very possible but just requires a good 30000 to start courses abroad and stuff. 
    really feeling lost lately no purpose in life. i bought 4 pups when i moved to start of my dog future but now everything seems impossible. give up weed fresh start i dont no anyone have any advice?

please no hate comments not really interested in that shit

2. Get qualified as a trainer. While you're working on that, get a menial job like McDonalds or some shit. Do a good job there till you get qualified so you'll have a reference. Start saving up your money (buy weed when you have a little extra cash or not at all. You can't be wasting money). Once you're qualified as a trainer, start working. If you have 2 or 3 days off, pick up another job that is fine with having you those 2 or 3 days. Keep saving that money up. Work with your dogs as well. If you don't already have the patience, build it. If you do have it, work on the skills you may not be as sharp on. If you feel you're already as good as you can get, keep in practice. Offer to train your neighbors dogs or your friends, but don't get out of practice. Once you have 45k saved up, see if your parents will match you the money so you can start working towards being a dog trainer. If not, you have 15k to work with. This way, you can do both, and if your dream turns out as a bust, you still have personal training to fall back on.

Maybe work on your grammar too, it was kinda hard for me to read :p

3. Yeah I agree with this guy ^  :smoke:  you should always follow your dreams and if you love doing that then you should go for it. I wouldn't give up smoking, but that's just me. Do you you want to do the most.

4. Its all well and good to follow your dreams, but your dreams are not in the here and now they're in the future somewhere.  The future is built on present actions, so don't just vaguely dream, create a plan of action.  Hopefully a plan that requires you to get moving and find a job soon.  I'd sit down and create a path, which would consist of a list of things you absolutely need to do to reach the end, and then tackle each part as you're ready.  

You have to create momentum if you want to move towards your goals.

“Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.”  

~Paul Coelho - "The Devil and Miss Prym"~ 

5. I'd say become a trainer or try and find work at another pub hell doesn't have to be either of those. Save up money and work towards being a dog trainer. I mean you don't have to become one over night and obviously that's not possible. You don't have to go all in right away start making steps to put you in the position you'd need to be to fulfill your goal. Small steps at a time and always keep heading in that direction. If you stick with it and don't give up you'll get there.

6. Just skimmed, but my advice would be..

Have some willpower and cut down, it isn't that difficult. Especially when your poor because of it.

If you really want to keep smoking as much as you do, start a small grow on the side to sustain yourself.

As far as a career goes, pick something feasible that you enjoy, keep your mind set on it, and don't give up so easily.