need advice! gh hydro nutes for soil grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by purplegrass, Dec 24, 2006.

1. i am currently using sunshine organic mix as my soil. in my reservoir for every gallon i am using 1 1/2 teaspoon of gh flora gro, 1 tsp micro, and 1/2 tsp. of bloom. oh also 1/2 tsp of fish emulsion. my clones are still turning yellow like nute burns, mostly on the bottom leaves. leaves still turnig yellow. ive read up on nute burns and how to correct them but still im not getting anywhere. ph is at 6.5-6.8, lighting 1 1000 hps about 3ft away and 1 400 mh about 2 ft away. clones are grape ape and purple urkle. my ppm is about 2000, temperture is around 70-78. please help i had 40 that died on me already and luckly he reimbursed me.

2. Hi

Did you get your clones from a dispensary? I have some that I guess were on a business day light cycle 12/12 and they have been in shock and yellow for about 3 weeks now sence I put them under 18/6. They stopped dieing and are just stuck in shock.

Just curious.

3. thanks for the help weedie but i dont know if they were flowering when i got them, i dont see any flowers or crystals on them though. i also just switch the light from 24hrs to 18/6 so hopefully they will start changing. but i purchased my clones through craigslist.

4. i should have pics coming soon!

5. Yo man.

Your ppm of 2000 is way too high. For mature plants, the PPM should be around 900-1200 depending on strain.

6. about the ppm i have a whatchamacallit, nutradip it says x10 of every the reading is. should that be right? cause of wednesday it had a reading of 196 ppm today it has a reading of 276 ppm, wtf. it flux too much. thanks for the help though

7. Water evaporates! the nutes remain and become more concentrated. And you definitely need to reduce your nute level. Are these established clones i.e. rooted, If so you should start them out, wait, here is a link to a general feed chart for soil and hydro, use the soil one. Also, it is only a guide so don't try and achieve the high end, start low and build-up, also as it is soil you will need to flush periodically as the salts will build up and become toxic.

Here's the link, the chart is about half way down the page: http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/static/articles/0406_tdspH.asp

8. thanks thats why my plants been burning, like some one had a torch to the leaves and was burning them. some are yellowing real quickly too. i should just used the fox farm big bloom with a little fish emulsion.

9. Its not so much a matter of what you use its the amount thats burning the shit out of your plants. You can be glad your not growing in hydro, with those levels you'd have nothing but sticks left.

10. I know this is a little late... lol but bottom leaves turning yellow and then browning out in spots... would that not be nitrogen deficiency? lol

You would actually need a nutrient that has a higher N number which is the first number...

like a 20 to 50 first number... example 21-5-8 or something like that I don't know... lol I use to have that problem and that always fixes that for me..

well this is from years ago so I am sure no one gives a s**t anymore anyways... lol