Need advice for new grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rileym994, Sep 5, 2013.

1. #1 Rileym994, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
    Hi, I am a soon to be first time grower, I am trying to do a basic closet grow nothing to extreme and get pounds of weed lol I just want a ounce or so for myself, tried of buying it I can easily grow it!  So I was interested in getting an Argomax Small tent and the website I am buying it form (HTG Supply) is recommending a 90w LED light for it, speaking of which I am trying to use a LED light to possibly save on electricity BUT I was thinking instead of using a 90w for it I would use a 180w, would that be a good light set up for one plant?

2. No you would need hella led lights do u have pics I'm new too but I would go with cfls to start out with then work your way up

A friend with weed is a friend indeed

3. Well I never actually grown before, this is my first time!

4. OK send me a message and we can talk this is my first indoor but I have done outdoors alot

A friend with weed is a friend indeed

5. If it was me, and all you want is an ounce, I would germinate 4 seeds in good quality potting mix and keep 2 nice females, use 6 inch pots, get one of those probes wetness gauge and water it with rainwater or bottled only when its pretty dry. Get yourself a big cardboard box and spray the inside matt white, and use a couple of cheap simple compact fluros (ebay) maybe one blueish and one redish or old incandecants, tape a computer fan into one side and run it off a phone charger punch some holes in the other side.

Start simple and cheap and you'll easy get some decent results. I wouldn't bother with fertiliser just buy good potting mix it has all the nutes you need, maybe just a little at late grow stage or budding, but if all you want is an ounce, then why risk / stress?

6. If this is an experiment and you're not sure you will grow past your first harvest get CFL.  If you are going to stick with it get LED.  I'm a LED grower and I love it.  You don't mention the size of the tent but I would go larger than the 90 watt.  My first grow was CFL the second was a 180 watt Blackstar LED.  The LED blew away the CFLs.  Over the last couple of years I was able to keep ordering LEDs and then sell them for a profit on Craigslist upgrading as I went.  I'm now running 2x500 watt Blackstar LED that only cost me out of pocket maybe $450 or so.

7. "get one of those probes wetness gauge" - Why? Why would you recommend this total waste of money?

"water it with rainwater or bottled only" - Why? What's wrong with simple dechlorinated tap water?

"or old incandecants" - An old incandescent light? Are you serious?

Good lord.

J