Need Advice For Clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 638051, Apr 27, 2014.

1. This is the first success I've had with cuttings. I had gave up for awhile because they were all dieing and I was just wasting what could have grown into buds if I hadn't cut them off. But this time I cut 4 and they actually rooted and look like they are even growing a little. I'm kinda stoked, but afraid at the same time. I don't want to kill them now. I cut them on the 15th and it's now day 12 with roots coming out of the little sponge cubes. 
    So what now? How long should I wait? Do I just take them out and plant them in soil like I do with my germinated seeds? Grow them under CFL's before moving them outside? When will they be ready to start feeding anything more than water? Any advice on keeping them alive through the transition?

Soil I've been using is Kellogs Patio Plus, bat guano, ewc, perlite.
    I've been bubbling tea with kelp I collect from the beach, ewc, bat guano, and used coffee grounds. A seldom dose of epsom salt.

2. You should be putting them into soil as soon as you see the roots coming out of the bottom.

3. Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll go ahead and work on that today.

4. #4 p42082, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    This is what i do, you can take from it what you want and leave what you dont.

I soak root riot cubes in a very light EC of formulex ph at 5.8
    Once you have taken clones mist with clonex mist (great stuff) and place under a t5, open vent once humidity has built up.
    Mist everyday with ph 5.8 water and every third day with clonex mist.

When i do this i never wait longer than 7 days for fully rooted clones.

I hope you get a better success rate, paying for something when you dont need to isnt a good thing.

5. i just throw mine in a bubble cloner with just water and have roots 5-10 days...so easy no misting or checking anything just set it and forget it

6. By the looks of the roots I could have done this a few days ago. Today is the first day I pulled them out to look at them. This is the first time I got this to work so I didn't want to touch it and fuck them up.
    I just got done putting the 4 clones into soil in 3 gallon plant containers. Gave each a dose of water and set them under 6x42w CFL's with a small oscillating clamp on fan up high blowing down at an angle.
    My plan is if they survive like that for about 2 weeks then I'll start introducing them to sunlight.

7. Well, here it is an hour later and one of them is already limped over. Just as I feared. I'm going to mist them and shut the lights off to see if that helps.

8. Cut the fan also. Give them a few days to take hold.