Need advice for a job interview

Discussion in 'General' started by thefinnslice, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Well the title says it. I've never had a job interview before. This is not really my first job but its gona be my first "real" job if you know what I mean. Anyway I just received a call saying that he'd like to interview me tomorrow at 3:45. I have no idea what to expect so any advice appreciated.
    Also how should I dress? Do I need a suit? Or just a dress shirt, I'm kind of lost.

2. Attire and presentation is important, to an extent...
    What type if job are you getting interviewed for?

3. Dress in a nicer than what you would wear to that job outfit khakis and a nice shirt probably and know a little bit about why you want to work there and relax

4. #4 Tastytrichomes, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    Since this is your first "real" job, like you said, I assume you aren't going for a very difficult position so you can probably take it a little easier on the preparation.

Presentation
    • Haircut
    • Collared, preferably button-up shirt
    • Jeans are fine, although preferably black
    • Shave
    Knowledge
    • Memorize a list of your top four best qualities and how they relate to what position you're applying for.
    • Know a bit about what you're going to have to do (some research is required).
    • Have some examples in mind.
    Communication
    • Don't slouch.
    • Drink some coffee/tea.
    • Have confidence. Your life doesn't depend on this job, but you are very serious and know you will get it.
    • Use hand gestures to express yourself and maintain eye contact.
    • Don't answer every question immediately, especially if you need time to think about your answer or how you're going to explain something.
    Qualities to Mention (That Work for Me)
    • Motivated/disciplined
    • Good with time management
    • People person
    • Interested in acquiring new skills
    • Willing to provide excellent customer service

5. Well tasty has just nailed all of the points I was gunna make one last one nodding your head if your interviewer makes a good point it shows sub concously that you understand and you are positive about the idea.

6. Confidence is key. You have to sell yourself and make them think that they're benefitting from hiring you. Make good eye contact, stay engaged, keep your answers short and sweet and to the point. And smile : )

7. I would never wear jeans to an interview. Slacks are the best. I say always dress your best. Every guy is gonna wear khakis and a polo. V the one who stands out and wears slacks and a tie.

8. I like my mcchickens with mayonnaise only btw

9. some of us on here have a little more ambition then you clearly, so keep your childish comments to yourself... Peace

10. #10 coraygc, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    I like to wear a suit pants, a dress shirt and an open suit jacket- no tie.  It looks good, but not overdressed.  But remember, an idiot in a million dollar suit is still an idiot.  Just be yourself and act loose.

11. cool

12. First.. What's the job title.

Sent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. And remember to answer the question specifically. It's okay to branch out a little bit, but the interviewer doesn't want to hear your life story. They'll be looking for the following -

Are your answers consistent? Are you reliable? Can you think? Are you going to "lose" your ambition to please once you have the job? A month down the line? Do you work well with others?

Usually if you're hired for this type of job, it will be on the spot. Don't get down if that doesn't happen though; keep up the positive demeanor and remember, confidence is key. They may not find someone who is good for the job, and your reaction to the typical, "We have more interviews, and if you're the best match we'll call you," can make or break you.

This is true, however, unless it's a very serious interview you can get by with black jeans because physical appearance is only 30% of it.

15. They dont always hire you on spot. If its a.fastfood interview they dont give a fuck what you wear.

Look up the interview questions online. Thats what i do. And i always get the job if i get an interview.

16. For everyone wondering the job isn't fast food its a sales associate for a shoe store (dont judge).