Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Advice - Cant seem to find the answer.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Cannahead, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Hello, 

So I have tried to figure this out for about a day now, I found someone talking about it on another forum but no one ever answered the question. I've also looked around other places as well and can't seem to find it. I'm sure it has been covered in the past but I can't find it so please don't be mad at me if this question has been asked tons.

I recently acquired a Medical MJ card in the state of New Mexico. I know that I can't own guns, is it going to be a problem that my brother has about 16 of them? 4 of which are in the house? None of them are registered to me. 

Thanks for answering and sorry to bother you all. Please don't be super pissed lol.

2. Just stay discreet , the guns are not yours and the weed is not his.

you have a right to own guns.

4. #4 scrambledegg81, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013

Judging by the current demeanor of New Mexico law enforcement (and the attitude that's spawned by the negative publicity that they've received), I'd be wary against having both in the house at the same time. OP: as long as the guns are kept under lock & key with trigger locks in place (keys in your brothers' possession only), and as long as your MMJ documentation is clear & up to date, all I can say is don't do anything that would attract attention from the fuzz (and ask your brother to do the same). Discretion is key, know your rights, and should anything happen, thoroughly document any police encounter.

5. ok Thanks guys I really appreciate the responses. He is planning on getting a locking gun safe and all of that in the future- for now they are out of the house at the grandparents house. they are all in his name and are in no way in my possession or control (I couldn't even access them if I wanted to) So with that being said, I believe I will be ok. Thanks for the information.

6. Is it legal. No. On the paper work when applying for a gun it as specifically if you use mj. If you lie that is a federal felony. With that said I have been a mmj patient for 7 years. I usually buy 2 guns a year. Keep them under lock and key in my safe. I get a sheriff every year that comes and check out my grows with no issue.