need advice about lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ricky11111, Jun 21, 2009.

1. hi
    want to grow indoors?(wardrope)
    dont know what lights to use
    or where to get them
    would appreciate any advice.
    ricky

2. Hey you have a few options when it comes to lighting. The best lights of course are HID (high intensity discharge) lights and include the following: High Pressure Sodium (hps), and Metal Halide (MH). Plants require light in the blue spectrum for vegging and light in the red spectrum for flowering. As you could imagine these lights are expensive. There are all sorts of sites out there that sell these types of lights. Although a simple google search will show results I'd reccomend HTGsupply.com I've bought off them and have had nothing but outstanding service. Before you think about buying one of each just know that they do make a bulb called a conversion bulb which is like half hps and half mh but it must meet the specs of the fixture you're plugging it into. If it's specified for an hps fixture use only the specified hps fixture and not a mh fixture or a fixture higher in wattage. You could go the cheaper route which in my opinion isn't the best route but it works and buy Compact Flourescent Lights (cfl's). I don't use cfl's so I'm not all that familiar with them but I do know the types: Daylight which are used for vegging like the blue spectrum bulbs and soft white which are good for flowering like the red spectrum bulbs. Going with cfl's will save money in the long run but you'll get a much better yield with HID lights. Good luck growing =) By the way I should say High Pressure Sodium bulbs are naturally Red/Orange and Metal Halide have a natural blue light. Each does its job perfectly. There are so many different types of lights out there. Go to Lowes and check out the entire isle dedicated to bulbs. I have an agromax bulb in my HPS fixture which produces both red/blue and would get me from seed to smoke.

3. well since your doing a small wardrobe grow you really cant go to big with the hid mabey 250w hid max with alot of vent or go with the cfl,s which would probably be your best bet,later destroyer.