Need acid fast lol

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dboy209420, Apr 26, 2020.

1. So i have a big mix of soil i mixed with peat, perlite and some Kellogg garden soil which contains your normal garden soil and some of my yard dirt. I didn't get a ph tester until after i did the mixture and find out it is 7.5 ph and I already have generous amount of peat moss in the mix. I was reading that sulfur is probably only way to get the quick acidity. So i just came from the hydroponics store wanting get sulfer and he asked what kind, i explained to him my problem and he looked at me like i was stupid and said i need to ph my water, he never heard anyone using sulfer. So am i wrong? Now are there any cons to this amendment and anyone have any knowledge with sulfur? Also do i really have to ph my water if growing outdoor?

2. #2 old shol4evr, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    delete

3. #3 old shol4evr, Apr 26, 2020
    delete

4. Yeah, i was originally going to home depot but everything is in quarantine and there was a mile long line so decided try the hydroponics place. But im just going to Amazon something. At this point Im probably better off just buying something pre made soil bags because , i have my clones maxed out in the pot. I actually was looking at aluminum sulfate that is a little quicker than sulfer i heard but i don't want the first month in the ground to be slowed because that is the most crucial development period. This is my first time getting scientific lol seems like in the good days just put in the ground and tap water and you get a 9ft plant .

5. Strange he's never heard of using sulfur but he does work at a hydro store. You can get sulfur off Amazon if that's the way you want to go.

6. I pH my water for both my indoor grow and my outdoor grow. I’m using the same soil for both, so I make sure to pH my water the same for both as well. Not sure what indoor vs. outdoor would have to do with water pH, in terms of doing it or not. I know some people build organic “super soils” that apparently maintain a neutral pH automatically (just add water), but I don’t know anything about those. Those folks don’t have to worry about water pH apparently. Is that what you’re using?

7. #7 old shol4evr, Apr 26, 2020
    delete

8. #8 puffnstuff1960, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    My feed store carries sulfur.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Im going to either try ammonium sulfate or just buy new pre mixed soil. With everything being on lockdown im going to do the easy and learn for next year maybe i will post a update if they start doing good. Thanks everyone you are all helpful. This is a great place.

• Like Like x 1