Need a wider downpipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by a2thy, Dec 6, 2010.

1. To make a long story short, I bought a pack of 20 pyrex stems (male pieces) from some company in Isreal. I received them in the mail, they were just as described, but with one small problem. They were a little bit wider than the original stem for my bong, so they won't slide into the downpipe. So I'm thinking I can fix this problem by getting a wider downpipe provided that I can find a compatible grommet. I have found plenty of longer downpipes on the internet, but none that seem to be wider. Do you guys know where I can find a wider one?

2. No one has any ideas on where to look? Does the standard down pipe width vary from country to country?

3. get a rubber stopper or "O" ring to go around the male piece, should fit snugly if thats the problem

4. Downpipe = Turbo to exhaust for cars/trucks lol

Downstem = for your bong

Anyways sounds like your bong is 14.5mm and you got 18.8mm downstems.

5. #5 a2thy, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    Opposite problem ImChillen, the male piece is too wide, not too narrow.

Sorry Lunati, I'm still a little new to the terminology, I had to take a break from the toking scene for quite some time. Thanks for the advice! I don't know how these parts are measured, so I'll just give you as many potentially useful measurements as I can think of:

The hole cut in my bong is jagged/oval shaped and the diameter varies between 16mm and 18mm (yes, the grommet fits in it and yes, it came from the store this way).

Outside diameter of original downstem is 12mm

Inside diameter of original downstem is 9.5mm

Outside diameter of original stem is 8mm

Outside diameter of new stems are 10mm

Some of these measurement may be off by a hair or two just because of how small they are. There is a grommet between the bong and downstem and a small O-ring that goes around the original stem so it fits snug into the downstem. Any idea where I could find a downstem that will accommodate these new stems? I hate throwing new stuff away.

6. Nobody?