Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need a strain for focus during the work day

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by njww627, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I’m looking for a strain that will help me focus and stay motivated during the work day. Hoping for one that doesn’t make me paranoid and want to crawl under my desk LOL any advice?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd also like to know the same thing. I'm aware that Sativa strains are more energizing and help with focus, some of the strains I have found so far are Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, Green Crack and Durban Poison. But, what concerns me is people do say they get the giggles with those, which obviously won't be a good thing if that happens at work. The last time I smoked I couldn't stop laughing, I mean uncontrollably, for hours, so I'm really afraid of this happening again!

3. Cinex, Harliquin, green crack, green queen, permafrost, charlottes web, Durban poison, cannatonic, and ac/dc. These r just a few strains I use. If I can’t function on a strain I won’t smoke it during the week.
    Try microdosing

• Like Like x 2
  4. If you can find a good Super Lemon Haze grower that's what I would go to. It has just enough indica to take away to reduce paranoia and psychedelic effects. You just get lifted. I've gone to work after taking one or two puffs and been fine.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks, I will check that out. The dispensaries in my state do carry Super Lemon Haze.

6. What if we don’t smoke it? I know a silly question but I can’t smoke it.i suck at inhaling and prefer longer effects.. I prefer to eat it or a tincture. I’m new so apologize if these are rediculous questions, but is there a way to make a tincture or edible out of something like lemon haze, which I’ve heard is helpful, and it have the same effects for focus, etc? thanks :)

7. People think I’m crazy when I say this but here goes. Girl Scout cookies or something in the cookie family. The Durban poison component gets you focused & creative while the OG keeps you calm. The result for me is that I’m calm, focused, relaxed & creative.

Full disclosure: I’m a huge smoker. I smoke 5 j’s a day maybe 7 on weekends everyday for the past 25 years so I’ve got a bit of a tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. #8 ssmith33, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Depending on your state and dispensary, you can find it in different delivery methods. In my state, the dispensaries carry vape cartridges, tinctures, topical creams. They have Lemon Haze as sublingual drops and for vaping. I wouldn't want to smoke it even if it were offered; I need something more discrete than that and even vaping won't work. I like that the sublingual drops are odorless as well. Maybe see if your dispensary has the tincture.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 ssmith33, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    This may sound like a stupid question, and I don't even know if there is a strain out there that even exists like this, but is there one that acts more like a stimulant, similar to an amphetamine? I'm trying to avoid the "relaxed" state and find something more physically stimulating but I'm not sure it even exists really. But I don't really want the psychoactive effects- I'm taking this for medical purposes not to get high. I need to be able to go to work, conduct business, attend meetings, etc.. without looking or sounding impaired. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I used to smoke lemon haze when I was working & I was never too high not to work lol, one of my plugs at the time had a stupid ammount of the stuff so he was flogging ozs for £120 to me lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Right now for me Wild Thai has been great. Bruce banner 1.0 is also fantastic, as well as green crack and one of my all time go-to’s maui wowie!
    These leave me feeling uplifted but still able to work and stay focused. Paranoia is big for me and these work well imo

12. Great, thanks for the info. My dispensary does carry Green Crack so I’ll give that a go.

13. For sure, try it out and let us know
    What you think. Don’t smoke too much too fast though or it may induce paranoia lol. Gotta find that sweet spot.

14. I sure will. My dispensary sells GC as a vaping pen so I'll just start with one little puff and take it from there. Thanks for the advice :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. With this criteria I know the exact Strain you need trust me. It's called The Wife by Terrapin Care Station. Its 15% CBD and .025% THC. I feel amazing when I use it. Like I was born again. It's that good. Trust me. If you have the brand Terrapin in your are you need this strain. This is a perfect strain for the work day. You'll never feel better.

For a Strain at home with more THC but still no anxiety I recommend Lemon G by Terrapin. 10.4% THC and 7% CBD. These 2 Strains are my go too bread and butter when I dont want to feel couch locked but still dont want the anxiety some sativa Strains induce. You'll feel amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 ssmith33, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Wow, that sounds awesome! Unfortunately in my state, I can't get that strain. I noticed though, that ACDC seems to have a very similar make up. When I looked up The Wife and ACDC on Leafly, they both have 1:20 of CBD to THC. And they're both hybrids. Also, one of the posters above mentioned it. I already had it on my list of potentials. Thanks for the advice- I will definitely give ACDC a try too.

17. I would definitely give ACDC a try. Just keep in mind that just because the CBD to THC ratio are the same doesn't mean that particular Strain will still feel exactly the same as The Wife or any other Strain with the same ratio. Because there are other cannabinoids that they dont list which they should like CBG, CBN and 100 others that could be totally different. Plus the Terpene profile could be totally different. With that said I agree ACDC is a good start for sure. If I can find ACDC in the dispensary by me I will try it and let you know how it compares to The Wife.

18. Me too!!:)

19. Sorry just saw this. Ok so part of the effect you’re looking for is the “high” unless you want a CBD strain that has no psychoactive effects, though I think what you’re looking for is something that doesn’t couch lock you & make you look stoned. Something that’ll just pep you up & make you more creative & focused. Hard to know what your tolerance levels would be but I’d say just stick to real deal Sativa strains. Haze, blue dream are a few original type strains & stuff like cherry vortex maybe for a more exotic type smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Where are you getting Maui Wowie? And is it landrace?